• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Best Gas Mileage.

Ermm....how heavy are you?
Tire pressure?
Riding style?
Types of road?
Load?

Sorry for the late reply, but I am 170 pounds, 5'8", keep the tires at manual spec (really high pressure) I mostly do city riding, but I did that one trip back at around 75 MPH most of the way. I don't yet have any pannier bags on it. After reading some comments I think I am being a bit too aggressive in my riding style, I'll try toning it down a bit and see how it goes.

I never go over 4,000 rpms,cruise at 65
mph and get a steady 60.4mpg commuting and 75mpg highway.
Oh ya I'm 6'1" and 285+ lbs and have Givi bags and a Honda Tall screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4l / 100 km, commuting in easy traffic, no modifications on the motorcycle to effect consumption apart of "small" givi maxia e-55 top box :)
Google says this is equivalent to 58.8 mpg

The best week for commuting. Seattle has seen some of the best weather (for one day, it was the hottest of all US) this past 2 weeks. As the result, I am getting the best mileage since I got the bike last October. With the exception of January (very cold and wet), my average MPG has gone up every month.

This past week - 1 day running errands (mostly HWY) ~55 miles + 5 days commute at 40miles/day (80% HWY) = 255.7 miles. This whole day I thought I was going to run out of gas. I thought 70mpg at 3.8 gallons would get me 266 range. I was getting really nervous on the way home. But since the last flashing bar didn't appear till 195, I thought what the hell, GO FOR IT.

I got close to the house and went to the same Shell station (I use the same pump every time for consistency and fill to the same exact level) and put in I thought for sure was going to be very close to 3.7 gallons. 355.7 255.7 miles for 3.3 gallons!!! Just to make sure, I put in just a bit more and ended up at 3.31 gallons. That's 75.4MPG! That meant I still had .5 gallons in the tank, good for another 37 miles. MIND BLOWN!!!

Last 5 tanks.

5/10 - 75.4MPG
5/2 - 72.8
4/26 - 74.0
4/17 - 71.4
4/5 - 70.3

10 tanks running average - 71.6

Last edited:
355.7 miles for 3.3 gallons!!!

I still had .5 gallons in the tank, good for another 37 miles.

Wait, what? :eek: You got 355.7 miles on one tank?

Holy frack. I thought I was doing good at 212 miles, and .5 gal left!

Good grief :D

And you went 160 miles after the red "reserve" block started flashing? :confused:

Last edited:
Wait, what? :eek: You got 355.7 miles on one tank?

Holy frack. I thought I was doing good at 212 miles, and .5 gal left!

Good grief :D

And you went 160 miles after the red "reserve" block started flashing? :confused:

TYPO. 255.7 miles at 3.3 miles. :D When the flashing bar came on, I knew I have roughly 1 gallon left. So I went for another 60 miles. That's as far as I had pushed it. I thought I would have about 1/2 of a quart left by the end of the week.

TYPO. 255.7 miles at 3.3 miles. :D When the flashing bar came on, I knew I have roughly 1 gallon left. So I went for another 60 miles. That's as far as I had pushed it. I thought I would have about 1/2 of a quart left by the end of the week.

dood you about gave me a heart attack lol!

Still damned impressive though! :cool:

1 st tank 58 mpg
2 64 mpg
yesterday
3 rd. tank 67 mpg 190 miles took 2.8 gals us gallons
was at 2 bar's ,then taking off from red light it's go's to 1 bar flashing..
505 miles on the bike.

Got over 80mpg twice riding in the mountains of New Mexico. 84 has been the high. I regularly get in the low to mid 70s. No special conditions, tailwinds, special fuel or overly cautious driving techniques. Manual tranny. Maybe the thin air has something to do with it.

If I was 100lbs lighter I think my mpg's would pick up by 10-20%.
but 60 commuting and 75mpg highway is good with me!!.

Just filled for the first time yesterday. 164 miles and it took 2.998 gallons to fill it to the neck. Of course, it was initially filled at the Honda dealer and I don't know how full they actually got it. Assuming it was actually full, that works out to 54.6 US mpg. Hopefully it will improve. I'm 5'9", 190 lbs. and have no modifications yet. My commute is half highway and half twisty mountain highway. I cruise at 65mph the whole way.

First tank was 80.37 -mpg, (I was very surprised by this mileage) not a lot of stops, shift point is between 3k-4k average speed 45-60, no higher than 75mph

first tank was 54.0 MPG. Today's was 80.4! That tank was almost entirely canyon cruising at 50mph or so....Taking it on the Freeway wouldn't produce such a high MPG as I'd have to go faster!

I have found the magic mph for mine is about 55.I seem to get my best in 6th gear at about 55mph.

I would agree with that. When traffic is heavier and I am limited to 50-60mph in the HOV, I get better mileage. There was no traffic during the week of 4th of July. I was bombing up and down I-405 and I lost 6% of my mileage from going 10mph faster.

I started keeping track of my gas and mileage and recording it using gas cubby. With just over 15,000 kms i just recorded 78.4 mpg converting from 3L/100km.

Wow i am very happy with that!

I have been averaging around 63 combined. Gotten a best of 70...all city and as bad as 54 with my golf bag strapped across the back on a 200 mile ride running between 70-80 MPH. I ride with all three stock cases and am wondering if you all getting in the 90's have cases on?

I got 67 mpg on the bike's second fill up. On the last fill up (the bike now has around 1,300 miles) it was 80. Has a Beowulf pipe, but I'm not sure that made a difference. That's the only real mod.

I just got the bike a few weeks ago. I'm on my 3rd tank, First fill was 82.5 mpg, second was 78 mpg ( riding in the mountain twisties). I'm using 100% gas, 6 speed manual trans., I shift around 3000 rpm and keep my speed below 60. The bike has the Honda bags and trunk and the tall windshield. I love how economical this bike is to ride, by far the best bike I have ever had for mileage.

Back