• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bigger hand grips

DevilDogMech

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

I find myself in need of some bigger hand grips. I have some mongo sized hands and they start to cramp a little holding onto the stock grips.

Any suggestions on what you've found that works well?

TIA
William

Hey all,

I find myself in need of some bigger hand grips. I have some mongo sized hands and they start to cramp a little holding onto the stock grips.

TIA
William
===

Grip Puppies work well. You can find them on Amazon, ebay, etcetera.

----

+1 on the Grip Puppies. They're not my thing but I've used them and they'll do what you want done.

I got grip puppies, and although they felt nice they were not what I was looking for and ended up taking them off (cutting them off). I would recommend at least trying them though.

There is another "competing" alternative called Grip Buddies. They are the same idea but very different. Neoprene wrap around rather than foam slip on. Worth checking out. Google around.

Another good option is padded bicycle handlebar tape. More durable than grip puppies. Comes in lots of colors.

I heard that too... or baseball bat wrap grip. But, NOT tennis racket grip - apparently that is made to absorb sweat, so not good on bike (in rain).

There are two types of Wilson tennis racket grip tape: Cushion-Aire Classic Contour and Cushion Pro. Cushion-Aire had a ridge and has perforations, so it can absorb moisture. Cushion Pro is smooth with no perforations. I did a double wrap of the Cushion Pro over a year ago, and it works very well to increase the diameter and decrease vibration. With the double wrap the 1" dia. Cramp Buster works perfectly.

I had the same problem. I had the dealer replace my grips with Kuryakyn ISO (black) when I took it in for maintenance. Now I feel like I have manly motorcycle grips, not ones made for a bicycle.

Hey all,

TIA
William

I've used bicycle bar tape successfully for this. It's the same stuff you wrap the handlebars with on road biked (the Tour de France kind).
It's cheap, easily available, reversible if you don't like it, and it's made for just that use.

Thanks for the ideas.

None of these options work so well if one wants to retain effective grip heaters, correct?

I've heard of those who have used grip puppies over heated grips. If I recall, they said the heat still comes through but it just takes a little longer.

Thanks for the ideas.

None of these options work so well if one wants to retain effective grip heaters, correct?

True, anything you put between you and the heating element will act as insulation and lessen the heating effect....

You could piggy back [THESE] into the existing wiring.

• wrap the grips with bar tape (or whatever you choose)
  • put the heating elements on last (so they're closest to the surface)

You would then have two sets of heating elements (both run off the same wiring). One would provide near instant heat, and the other would augment and back up that initial warmth. (I've done exactly this with [THESE])

NB: the bikemaster heated grips DO NOT fit well at all. Much grinding and bad language needed!

Back