• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bike down! Bike down! (Accident)

Absolutely not. Has a lot to do with people that are in this country illegally and others that have no personal responsibility.

You could be writing that about the UK. Also often the fine for having no insurance is less than cost of actually buying insurance. Sometimes the car is confiscated until a leagal driver with insurance claims them and pays the recovery fee but a daily storage fee but as these are usually old bangers only worth a few hundred pounds they are often not reclaimed

I try to always park in line with the rear view so if they take the time to look they will at least have a chance to see you. If you line up with a roof pillion they won't be able to see you if they look. It was a big part of my MSF course to BE VISIBLE whether moving or parked at stoplight.

The same thing happened to me in 1977 on my (then new) BMW R100RS. It was a young kid. Turns out his parents were in Europe and he wasn't legal to drive. He had pulled into the intersection, and when he didn't make the light he just threw it into reverse and backed her right up on top of me. I went over to his car window to talk with him and he locked the door in terror. When the big black motorcycle cop got there he got brave and got out. Then he got REAL nervous when he determined that the motorcycle cop was a good friend of mine. He said "Damn Lee, when I saw your RS on its side I thought I'd be investigating a murder!" I said "You would have if this little twit would have got out of his car.

Luckily a couple of young girls witnessed it and stayed to confirm what happened.

I tend to stay more in the side mirror then the rear view, but I also leave lots of room in front of me too. Glad you weren't hurt bad.

Real sorry to hear this, sincerely hope you and the bike are okay and all gets fixed.
Happened to me at the channel tunnel crossing in Diver on my way to Nice 6 years ago on my first ST1300, thankfully kept the bike upright, with wife on back, but had to use gaffer tape to keep the front mudguard together for the next 2500 miles

Yea, hoping he has the bike fixed by now. In case you didn't notice the date: I suppose two and a half years is enough time to get parts in.

Sorry to hear that. Glad you are ok. Hope you will be back in action soon.

I may be dumb here but why would anyone in their right mind want to reverse into another vehicle and risk damage to their own motor let alone have an impending insurance claim against them that in turn would push their own premium up next time? Oh, unless they are an organised outfit looking for an insurance payout themselves. I really must get the on board camera up and running because of instances like this.

Back