• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Brand New Tire Ruined???

Reparable?

• Yes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
Been fixing flat tires for over 40 year and never had a problem. Until about fifteen year shops would fix flats and then someone did a bad job and a tire blew out and they had a law suite, no more fixing flats at motorcycle shops. Good thing there are several car tire shop in my area that will put a hot patch on the inside for $25.

I don't know... I had the tube put in for $45 (tube+labor)... and there is no way the tube will fail... 10k+ miles and haven't had to put air in... not even a slow leak.. I trust the tube... Just my opinion.

Last edited:
I plugged an almost new tire that I was too cheap to replace. Several thousand miles later it started leaking slowly. I added a couple psi every time I rode for a few weeks. One day about 200 miles from home the plug blew out as I was exiting a curve at 65 mph - would have been bad in the middle of the turn. I replugged the tire on the side of the road with my new plug kit and rode slowly home to the motorcycle shop for a new tire. Eventhough the plugs with mushroom heads on them are probably a better fix than the string plugs, I view plugs as a means to get home.

Back