• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

campin with the NC

StratTuner

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Friends we know are playing a gig in Bisbee, AZ, so I plan to show up and surprise them.

My plan is to ride half way to Bisbee and camp near Phoenix. (33.293172, -112.642783) at a Regional park there.

The next day, camp near Bisbee, (31.458695, -109.776753) and see the show that night.

Going home could be the same in Reverse OR a stop in Flagstaff, AZ at another FREE camp site (35.250233, -111.688735), and then home.

The possible route is [HERE]. Below are photos of my beloved NC loaded for the trip.

rear.jpg
all the camping gear is in the big top box.

sideview.jpg

Last edited:
Friends we know are playing a gig in Bisbee, AZ, so I plan to show up and surprise them.
Sounds like fun. Free camping is always nice. In a different post, got me thinking again about a steak at Big Nose Kate's Saloon in Tombstone. I'll have to pass thru there again soon.

Just curious, that top case is going to cut into your fuelly numbers, eh? Be careful with side winds and semi's passing.

Ray

Lol jeez that box is something else!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big isn't the correct word for that box... more like humongous or gigantic or gargantuan!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeah, well, the first time, I used the 30 gal. version of that same box, and it looked ...way over the top.
The 20 gal works well, though.

How does it handle with that huge *** trunk filled with gear?

I suppose it would handle differently if I carried a set of weights or something, but since it's loaded with a sleeping bag and tent... not very heavy, I don't notice any handling difference. I forget it's even there.

Does anyone know if they still have those exquisite ribs at Tombstone's Lucky Cuss?

Sounds like fun. Free camping is always nice. In a different post, got me thinking again about a steak at Big Nose Kate's Saloon in Tombstone. I'll have to pass thru there again soon.

Just curious, that top case is going to cut into your fuelly numbers, eh? Be careful with side winds and semi's passing.

Ray

Back