• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Camping packing trial

Well, even though I had already JUST bought a new tent... I couldn't resist this one when it came up on ebay.

This one packs down smaller, although the alps I just got packs down small enough I could use it. I always like smaller

This one doesn't have a door on each side like the alps and is only 8x8 instead of 8x10. It does however have the vestibule which will come in very handy. Both of these have a 6ft center height, which is awesome!

I now have 3 tents... I guess it's time to get the family interested in camping! LOL

I may put the Alps meramec 5 up on ebay, since I haven't used it. I hate to let it go, cuz I was looking forward to having a tent with two doors, and I really liked the fact the doors were screened and you could leave the screens open to breathe on hot nights or zip the window covers closed if it started raining or got a bit too cool out.

My wife is going to have a fit when this new tent shows up.. LOL

2.jpgLooks like you will be able to stand up in the new tent.

smileyLargesmile.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I also love REI. Yes they are pricey but are worth the money because the stuff will last.I also back pack so the dual purpose is great. Looking forward to my first camping trip with my bike when the weather warms up and dries out. As I look outside right now and see it snowing hard, which it rarely does around here. I'm going to meet up with Hondabikepro and purchase his home made back seat replacement rack.

Don't forget about REIOutlet.com. They have a lot of closeout stuff from "last season" that are perfectly functional for a great discount.

I would love to go camping but my lass won't go due to creepy crawly's .
A good tent keeps the creepy crawly things out. Bears can be a problem, especially if there is food inside tent.

My wife won't even get on the bike, much less camp....... so I go without her. She won't let me have a lass so I go alone.

Well, I'm free! No lass, no wife. The wife of 20 years walked out on me 6 months ago. She likes the bars and live music (and musicians) more than what marriage has to offer. So, here I am with a new lease on life and no regrets!

I have a Peak (can't remember the number) tent I used for backpacking. I can't stand up in it but I like it a lot anyway. I also have an Army mummy bag which I love! I had to get a compression sack to make it a manageable size. But it sure is comfortable (down to 0 F ). I have lots of camping goodies that I'm going to have to weed out.

Hello Rusty, I was wondering on the capacity and dimensions of your duffel. I'm looking at an Alpaca Duffel by Gregory and was wondering if it would fit securely on the bike. I'm a little hesitant to strap things on but it looks like your duffel is o.k. on that set up.
Thanks,
Patrick

Back