• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Cee Bailey Windshield

Cagedodger

Reaction score
Visit site
I contacted Cee Bailey about reshaping and recovering my seat (they did one for me a few years ago for my MP3 that made a night and day difference in ride comfort) and casually asked them if they would be doing a windshield for my bike. They told me to check back with them because they were working on it. Cee Bailey has been making windshields for bikes, as well as headlight guards and seat remodeling to a lesser extent, for quite a while. Their shields are one of the more popular ones for my Concours.

Well, Cee Bailey has just come up with a shield for our NC700Xs. They put a little more of an sweeping line to it than some of the more angular models out there. Their version changes the rake of the shield with some metal spacers at the base instead of inheriting the same rake that the mount for the OEM shield is set at. This should make clearance easier. It's certainly a lot more polished than my current solution. After chatting with their windshield guy for a bit, I've decided that I'm going to give the 22" version a try.

Here's their product page for the new shield.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

I hope they're not relying on the ole rubber well nuts too. The concave shape of that shield is going to put some serious pressure on them.

I hope they're not relying on the ole rubber well nuts too. The concave shape of that shield is going to put some serious pressure on them.

The concave part is facing away from the wind. I'll see how it works with the well nuts. If that doesn't work, I'll figure something else out (and let them know).

I've used a Madstad windshield for quite a while now and those use well nuts as well. I've never had any problems with them. I did notice when I was experimenting that it's really easy to reinstall the well nuts flush and not have the ridge go all the way through the mounting hole on the OEM arms. I can imagine that if the ridge isn't securely past the mounting hole that it would compromise the holding power. That being said, I would like a little more peace of mind.

When I first contacted them, I saw the pictures of the Triumphs and BMWs on their main page with the metal windshield frames. I really thought something like that would be sweet on the NC700X. They went a different way. It still looks good and hopefully it's functional. One of those tube framed dealios would have been pretty awesome though. We'll find out. :)

My weekend ended up a lot busier than I thought it would. I only got a chance to take a short 50 mile ride. I had the 22" Cee Bailey windshield in the upper mount holes and it turned out better than I was expecting. my head was in completely silent air up until about 70+ where I started getting a little buffeting. Considering that I looked well over the shield, I was extremely pleased. It was also VERY quiet. I was wearing earplugs, but even with plugs, you can normally tell when you're in loud wind. I could hear the motor noises (valves and non-exhaust) over the wind, albeit muffled due to the plugs. It was a little foreign, heh.

The mounts are fairly straight forward. They reuse the rubber well nuts. I'm not crazy about that, as I said before that I really wished they had made a metal bracket for it like some of the other models that they have on their site. That being said, it was sturdy enough. I'd say that when reinserting the well nuts, make sure that the ridge clears the metal mounts so that when it compresses, it does so outside of the metal mount.

I'll try it out on the lower position, which it seems like it's really made for. The handlebar cut outs look like they would be a better fit in the lower position. Mine just barely hit with the PowerMadd handguards at each steering lock. Without guards it would clear fine.

Overall, I like this shield quite a bit. I'll report more later after I've had a chance to try it out a bit more.

Last edited:
Thank you for the review. I have a cal-si med and am not happy with it. I ordered a MRA X-Creen adjustable air deflector that I am going to put on it. The cal-si is a good shield for around town, but on the interstate there is too much noise even with ear plugs. When it comes in, I'll review it. Had I known about the Cee Bailey, I would of got one. Well next time!

Hey ...

Thanks for the report ...

Post a few pictures when you get a chance ... it's always good to see some additional pictures besides what the manufacture shows ... maybe some from a ways back that has the complete bike in the frame. The ones on CeeBaileys are all close ups.

Thanks ..

My weekend ended up a lot busier than I thought it would. I only got a chance to take a short 50 mile ride. I had the 22" Cee Bailey windshield in the upper mount holes and it turned out better than I was expecting. my head was in completely silent air up until about 70+ where I started getting a little buffeting. Considering that I looked well over the shield, I was extremely pleased. It was also VERY quiet. I was wearing earplugs, but even with plugs, you can normally tell when you're in loud wind. I could hear the motor noises (valves and non-exhaust) over the wind, albeit muffled due to the plugs. It was a little foreign, heh.

The mounts are fairly straight forward. They reuse the rubber well nuts. I'm not crazy about that, as I said before that I really wished they had made a metal bracket for it like some of the other models that they have on their site. That being said, it was sturdy enough. I'd say that when reinserting the well nuts, make sure that the ridge clears the metal mounts so that when it compresses, it does so outside of the metal mount.

I'll try it out on the lower position, which it seems like it's really made for. The handlebar cut outs look like they would be a better fit in the lower position. Mine just barely hit with the PowerMadd handguards at each steering lock. Without guards it would clear fine.

Overall, I like this shield quite a bit. I'll report more later after I've had a chance to try it out a bit more.

Sure thing, but it'll have to be next week. My bikes in pieces at the moment while I wire some new accessories.

I received the MRA X-Creen yesterday and mounted it last night. Today I took the bike for a ride. It took about 4 adjustments to get it were I wanted it. I rode it at speeds between 45 & 80mph. the wind went over my helmet and was a far more comfortable ride. I use ear plugs most of the time. Befor I put the Creen on even with the plugs I could here wind noise when the shield was down on my full face helmet, but no more.

Great ....

Would be nice to see a picture of how the X-Creen looks mounted to your windscreen on the NC

Thanks ..

I received the MRA X-Creen yesterday and mounted it last night. Today I took the bike for a ride. It took about 4 adjustments to get it were I wanted it. I rode it at speeds between 45 & 80mph. the wind went over my helmet and was a far more comfortable ride. I use ear plugs most of the time. Befor I put the Creen on even with the plugs I could here wind noise when the shield was down on my full face helmet, but no more.

Hi everybody! In my ongoing quest to achieve the perfect windscreen solution (at least for my personal taste), I decided to go ahead and pickup the Cee Bailey 22" windscreen (their taller version) mentioned in this thread - Cee Baileys | Honda NC700X Windshield. I was previously using the CalSci medium screen (24" high), which is 2" taller than this screen, but I must say - I really like the size and shape of the Cee Bailey screen (it looks very similar in size and shape to the Honda Touring Screen, just a little taller, and it is a great quality screen with a sweeping backward curve at the top of the screen which definitely helps to push the airflow upward) . I tried it out yesterday and it still seems to be just a wee bit short...wind bursts are still hitting me in the helmet. So, I wrote Cee Bailey to see if they would consider making a 23.5" or 24" model (similar to the CalSci medium screen size). They said they weren't planning to make one. So... I pulled out the Bruddt screen adjusters I had bought a while back and never used (BRUUDT CNC Machined Special Parts - BRUUDT Windschildverstellung für Honda NC700 X) and installed them with the new Cee Bailey screen in the upper hole positions on both the bike and on the adjusters (the highest possible setting with this screen), and the screen is now about 23.5-24" high. I have included some pics so you can see my install. As you probably won't be able to tell, I used Dale's super sturdy new 6mm nutplates (thanks Dale!!!) to very securely mount the Bruddt screen adjusters to the bike frame with four strong 6mm screws. I then attached the windscreen to the Bruddt adjusters using the 5mm bolts/washers/spacers provided by Cee Bailey and then attached the bolts to the 5mm nuts provided by Bruddt in the back of the adjuster bracket. It seems like a very sturdy install to me. Unfortunately, it is pouring rain here today on Easter Sunday in Southern California (go figure!)so I probably won't be able to get the chance to test out this install for a few days. But, I just thought I would share this install and a couple of pics with all of you (my fellow windscreen "holy grail" seekers). I'll let you know how it works for me once I get a chance to ride again with it. Happy Easter everyone!pic2.jpgpic3.jpg

That looks really good! I've been down for a while adding electrical accessories and waiting for the winter road salt to be washed away. I did manage to try out the 22" Cee Bailey in the lower position. It was still decent but I prefer the taller position. The high position works exceptionally well for me, putting me in dead still air. Still, I can't help but wonder how awesome it would be if I could eek out a little adjustment in it. I might follow you in your foot steps. That looks like the perfect solution. Thanks for sharing!

Hopefully I'll get a chance to snap a pic of mine. I think I really like this solution because I was able to fit in an EZ Pass under the windshield which will let me take toll roads again without the aggrivation of mounting and unmounting the tag or dealing with cash. I don't think I could do that with the Honda tall screen or the Madstad because of the metal plates.

I got my Cee Bailey's. The smaller 20" installed on the taller position. I really like it! I was not able to use Dale's brackets with it, because it needs a slightly wider angle (which the stock holders accommodate without problem. I may lower it to the lower position, as living in Florida I do welcome extra air hitting my face. But quite a smooth difference when riding on the highway. Overall, money very well spent.

Cee Bailey 1 - Honda NC700 Photo Gallery
Cee Bailey 2 - Honda NC700 Photo Gallery
Cee Bailey 3 - Honda NC700 Photo Gallery

Mine never indicated any problem with the Honda well nuts apart from some fluttering at higher speeds. It never gave any hints of wanting to let go.

After seeing jlandon's post about the BRUUDT adjusters, I ordered a set right away. Once I mounted that to the frame with the well nuts (well nuts being installed with the ridge confirmed past the frame as I pointed out earlier in the thread) the mount became rock solid. I've since went back to the homemade shield I came up with for the warmer weather (might actually be more wind resistance and heavier, but the well nuts and BRUUDT are quite stout) and have been lazy about remounting the Cee Bailey for the colder weather. I might remount the Cee Bailey this weekend, I miss the calmer air. The Cee Bailey is a really nice tall shield. Also, the cutouts fit really well on the higher position that you get with the BRUUDT especially if you add ROX risers (pretty popular mod) to your setup.

Just got my 22" Cee Bailey's yesterday and will mount this weekend. How has your's done with the Honda well nuts?

I've ran mine with stock Honda well nuts for over 6000 miles, not a single problem. It works fantastic.

Oddly enough, I couldn't get it to work with the Bruudt adapters -- the angle seemed wrong -- but I was obviously just a monkey. Nonetheless, I run it at the stock Honda mounting bolt height and love it.

I've seen lots of windscreens for these bikes and the Cee Baileys, IMO, is the best quality windscreen on the market. Much better than OEM, even.

Back