• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Center stand and after market pipe

LA_NC700X

Reaction score
Visit site
When I install my center stand, I have to end up removing the after market piples... Because the stock has a center stand stopper build into the exhaust and not aftermarket pipes

Wondering what other NC700x riders are doing about center stand and after market exhaust pipes.

Some aftermarket pipes have provisions for the center stand and some, as you are obviously well aware, don't. There is a thread on the forum where someone fabricated a stop, Ubuntu the bottom shock mount, but it didn't work due to movement of the mount. Personally, I've pretty much decided to go the LeoVince pipe because I understand it incorporates a stop. Since you already have a pipe, about the only suggestion I can think of would be to look into having a stop welded onto your pipe. You could use the stock exhaust as a pattern.

Bob

The stopper I built on a previous thread is still in use and working well actually. I had to eliminate the rubber bumper which was actually what was moving because the rubber was tearing. It has taken the paint off the center stand where they make contact because there is metal on metal but honestly I could care less lol. There is one out of uk I think online that mounts where the screw is to hold the stands shaft in. But also a metal on metal situation.

Back