• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Center stand save shocks?

LA_NC700X

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wondering...

I always put my bike on center stand when I know it will be park over a few hours... Like at night and when I got to work.

Does putting bike on center stand save shocks? Since move of the weight is on the stand...

No difference at all which stand you use for the shock. It's the movement that causes wear, compressed or uncompressed makes no difference to the condition of the shock or any of the suspension. The centre stand is more stable and good for a variety of maintenance jobs from chain cleaning. lubing and adjustment through checking & adjusting steering bearings.

Once upon a time, my friend always goes for the meanest hardest highest HP new racing bike.
Then someone said to him (he is a plumb fellow), why don't you shave off some weight and your bike will actually go faster without changing bikes every season.

So, no. I don't really think putting a bike on a mainstand will help the shocks. The shocks are designed for some punishing daily rides. It is not designed for the showroom.
OTOH, it is not designed for 360 degrees jumps neither.

:p

Back