• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Chain Oiler

Mark9911

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi ,

Got this chain oiler 2 weeks back and wanted to share...
It is made by a local guy and similar concept to scottoiler but much cheaper
I kind of prefer to use oil rather than wax and had been oiling my chain
of my old bike manually using brush for the past 3 years..
For the new ride, i decided to invest more,... the damage is S$45... around USD37.
(including installation)
Here are some pics...
the first one shows how the oil is delivered... yes to the sprocket and
the centrifugal forces will force the oil pass the chain...
The bottle had a pump action cap which help to MANUALLY put out the oil
so i just have to pump out the amount i will need.
A manual valve down the tube (on the bottom left of pic) does the job of regulating
the oil at a fast/slow rate...
The system has also has a t-off before the manual switch (behind top box rack)
for air bleeding.
DSCN0667 (800x600).jpg
View attachment 1030

Anyone interested can google "EZZYOILER" but i think the system shown on the web is not updated.

oh BTW, i can feel the ride became smoother immediately after installing the system. kind of happy that it worked better than i expected...

Attachments

• DSCN0668.jpg
    DSCN0668.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 804
Last edited:
Thanks for the post. Do you ride many gravel/dirt roads? Just curious how grimy the rear wheel is after a ride.
I'm always looking for a better way too skin a cat. I have been doing the Diesel/Kerosene clean followed by a DuPont Teflon Chain Saver lube.

Thanks for the post. Do you ride many gravel/dirt roads? Just curious how grimy the rear wheel is after a ride.
I'm always looking for a better way too skin a cat. I have been doing the Diesel/Kerosene clean followed by a DuPont Teflon Chain Saver lube.

I too, am always looking for new and different avenues of approach.

What method do you use to clean your chain with the kerosene, Turbodieseli4i6? Do you just 'brush' it on, or do you take your chain completely off (like I have read some people doing)? That route seems too laborious to do every ~500 miles or so...

Nope...not at all. Just daily commuting in city - Singapore. So i don't really clean my chain except a wipe with a cotton rag occasionally before adding oil...
i think the new system will put more oil and "flush out" dirt as it gets fling out...so in a way self cleaning.
So at the end of the day, i hope to extract myself from wiping and oiling with brush completely and just pump before i ride...:D
But i am still figuring out what kind of oil is best for such a set-up. Currently the inventor told me to use 2T oil which is pretty light to my comfort... i was thinking will the conventional W90 gear oil will be too thick...another option would be to buy the scottoiler oil which is kind of ex @ USD24 a liter
Anyway, i will try out the gear oil later and feedback. But not so soon.

Last edited:
The best smoothest ride is with a heavy gearoil, like 90W or 100W.
However, the down side is that it is dirty after some time.

The homemade oiler looks workable, but again it is homemade and not "beautiful".

Scottoilers are expensive due to the endorsements and sponsorships, marketing etc.

Courses for horses...you just need to find the right solution for yourself.

The best smoothest ride is with a heavy gearoil, like 90W or 100W.
However, the down side is that it is dirty after some time.

The homemade oiler looks workable, but again it is homemade and not "beautiful".

Scottoilers are expensive due to the endorsements and sponsorships, marketing etc.
Also because of their excellent quality and the companies top notch after sales service where often spares are provided FOC despite being quite old and oitside any warranty period

I too, am always looking for new and different avenues of approach.

What method do you use to clean your chain with the kerosene, Turbodieseli4i6? Do you just 'brush' it on, or do you take your chain completely off (like I have read some people doing)? That route seems too laborious to do every ~500 miles or so...

I just spay it on and brush it, repeat. The spray the chain with a good dose of DuPont Chain saver.

I have been using "Original Bike Spirits" chain lube and cleaner for....well a long as* time. its the easiest thing to use that I have found. Its safe on all chains. It has Teflon in a wet formula that is very thin, it penetrates and dries to a powder in a minute or two and has no fling off, being a dry formula it doesn't attract dirt or grime. It works well for me.

lipsee;12896Honda /Montessa[/QUOTE said:
Excuse me, couldn't resist, it is not "Montessa" but "Montesa", it was one of the best offroad bikes manufacturer.

Home

I installed the Tutoro Automatic oiler on both my NCX and my Blackbird an am pleased with the way they work. Simple and easy to use. No rear wheel mess when you adjust it properly. Now I will wait to see how long the chains last.

Excuse me, couldn't resist, it is not "Montessa" but "Montesa", it was one of the best offroad bikes manufacturer.

There is a big article on Montesa and other spanish bikes at the Barelona museum in todays Motor Cycle News. As well as Spanish bikes the museum has other makes including 21 bikes that were raced in the Endurance races at Montjuic Park

I put a LOOBMAN oiler on my V-Strom before a trip across Canada (My wife packed so much stuff that she filled my Givi top and side cases. All I had room for was 2 pairs of underwear zip-tied to the handlebars :rolleyes:)

chainoiler.co.uk

The LOOBMAN is about the same as the original post. I figured it saved me trying to carry a can of chain lube in my teeth for the trip. Only negative I found was it would dump tons of oil when you were riding in the mountains. The pressure change with elevation change would cause it to deposit way too much lube on the chain. I ended up with so much lube and road grime stuck on the underside of my side case that the owner of a B&B wouldn't let me bring it into the house (not that I blamed her).

You don't?

I'll spray it with the DuPont All-Purpose Lube w/Teflon (or whatever the exact name is) from time to time, but I don't really do that as a lube per se. It's more of an all-in-one clean and... and... well I'm not exactly sure. I don't quite see (I'm being honest and straightforward as the daylight here; no facetiousness at all) how or what it does to help an o-ring-sealed chain. I mean, if the o-rings work as designed, or even generally so, then the lube underneath them doesn't get out, and more importantly any lube I put on over them doesn't get in. ...Right?

For some context, though, I have run very literally miles of non-o-ring chains on agricultural equipment (in severe dust and sometimes mud) under all of the following lube regimens: Dry, oiled w/gear oil twice a day (mid-day and night), spray lubed w/dedicated 'chain lube,' and spray lubed with a couple motorcycle-type products such as Maxima Chain Wax that were FAR too expensive to continue to use. Honestly and truly, in the severe dust, it's difficult to say whether lubing the chains made them last longer on average, or attracted more grit such that they got chewed up faster.

I do see in the NC's manual that Honda calls for 500-mile inspections and lubrications of the chain. I'm sure I can muster a quick spray of the all-purpose lube I have at ...roughly... that interval. I just struggle to see the reality of it lubing the chain(?).

Back