• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

"Cheap, import" Wind Deflector

lue42

Reaction score
Visit site
I mentioned in another thread that I ordered a cheap wind deflector to try to fix the noise and buffeting issues I am having. I am 6'2 and have a Givi Touring windshield on my 2014 NC750x (non-DCT).

Free Shipping Motorcycle CNC Aluminum Universal Windshield Airflow Adjustable Windscreen For BMW KTM Aprilia Ducati white-in Windscreens & Wind Deflectors from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I bought mine from the linked seller via AliExpress. It cost about $40 Canadian with free delivery. I ordered it on Aug 5th, it was shipped on the 6th and arrived to Ontario, Canada on the 25th. There are different sellers and you can get the aluminum part in silver, grey or black. I got the grey and it looks great. This seller seemed to be the cheapest, well reviewed and was the grey colour I wanted.

I set it at its lowest setting with the angle about half way between the current windshield angle and vertical. I rode 30 minutes to work this morning and with just the first adjustment attempt I find that the noise and wind are dramatically reduced. I rode with my face shield open more than a crack the first time. I had virtually no wind on my neck and the noise was reduced a lot. FYI, I have a full face, modular helmet (Bell Revolver Evo)

If it does this with a little piece of adjustable plastic, I can only imagine how awesome a MadStad would be. I still might get down the road, but initial impressions totally remove any urgency.

As far as the deflector itself. It was packaged well and didn't include and notes, instructions, etc. The aluminum block is solid and nicely shaped. The plastic (or acrylic, or whatever) is excellent. Not a scratch on it and the edges are finished well (it doesn't look like it in the pictures but it is). The aluminum piece is not in my direct field of view of the road so I literally didn't notice it on the drive.

Adjustment: So, here is where the cheapness comes in. The quick adjust lever doesn't really work. It might just require some working-in or a bit of lubrication but it doesn't open and close with enough pressure. However, there is a nut on the left side that can easy be turned with a socket wrench. I have it tightened down to the point that the angle can (barely) be adjusted on the fly but the height can't be. I am going to carry around the socket wrench for a bit while I am dialing it in. The attachment to the windshield was perfect. The Givi has a bit of a curved top and it was fine. It doesn't mark the windshield at all.

I highly recommend this for anyone that is having even a little bit of wind and noise issues as a cheap, easy and removable way to help out.

*please excuse the dirty garage
IMG_2409.jpgIMG_2410.jpgIMG_2411.jpgIMG_2412.jpg

suhweeet! I was waiting for some1 to post something like this! I bought a givi touring shield too, I am 5"8 (174cm) and all the air was going straight to eybrow level. SO i needed a deflector. I bought one off of ebay about 4 days ago, Now it´s just a waiting game....

Here are the links to the ones I bought! $28 Shipped!
Black:
Airflow Adjustable Clear Windscreen Black Bolt on Variable Spoiler Universal | eBay

Silver
Airflow Adjustable Clear Windscreen Gray Bolt on Variable Spoiler Universal | eBay

Does it clamp on or mount with bolts through the windscreen?

suhweeet! I was waiting for some1 to post something like this! I bought a givi touring shield too, I am 5"8 (174cm) and all the air was going straight to eybrow level. SO i needed a deflector. I bought one off of ebay about 4 days ago, Now it´s just a waiting game....

Here are the links to the ones I bought! $28 Shipped!
Black:
Airflow Adjustable Clear Windscreen Black Bolt on Variable Spoiler Universal | eBay

Silver
Airflow Adjustable Clear Windscreen Gray Bolt on Variable Spoiler Universal | eBay
Hi neighbor. Thanks for the link. I've ordered one as well. Right now I'm using DIY spoiler attached to Ermax touring windscreen.
NC Bilt.jpg

I ordered one also, we will see how it works out. I spent about $80.00 for the puig to go with my Luigi windscreen and it is a POS. The second attempt to adjust one side of the clamp literally exploded with little metal bits flying everywhere. I managed to find enough of it to reassemble it but had to use epoxy to hold it together. No more of their products for me!

Keepin my fingers crossed this works out better.

Ordered one as well. Wasn't willing to shell out $75+ for any of the others, but for $40 it's worth a shot to see if it offers any improvement for me.

trey

Well, I just ordered a deflector via FleaBay. Now we wait...
Thanks for spotting this product and putting it up, here on the forum.

Yeah, these get relisted on AliExpress and eBay. Looks good... Here's another on eBay I've been looking at, from Poland (they have some other sizes too):

Universal ADV wind deflector TOURIST T1 low

Honda-NC-700X-t1-2.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

There are some Puigs at apparently a low cost, but that's misleading though they show with the clips, it's without them -- BEWARE

Last edited by a moderator:
Back