• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

cleaning you NC700

fumanii

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,
I get home from work and it is dark so I don't have time to wash the bike until the weekend. When get home I have been using WD 40 and a detailing spray. What do you use to clean your rims? I am in that new bike phase where I am constantly wiping it down and making sure it is clean. Thanks everyone.
Mike

I use the Motul Wheel Clean. Spray on, hose off. Works like a charm every time.

[video=youtube;_gd7I51Tvr8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gd7I51Tvr8&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

That was yet another item in the long list of stuff I disliked about my BMW. Always cleaning the damned thing. Light grey wheels, yuck! I couldn't go a block before the things were coated in black brake pad dust, road splashes, highway bug splats (yes, bug splats! The rear rim was so wide and because of it's deeply dished centre due to a single sided swingarm, it presented a nice big flat surface that would be covered in dead bees, wasps, flys, etc., etc. It was bizarre.)

I don't have access to a garden hose where I live, and lugging out multiple small buckets of water from my basement suite to the place where I park my bike sucks in the middle of summer, let alone in the dark after work on a cold rainy Nov-Mar day.

The rims on my NCX will stay a dirty black versus a clean black, for the forseeable future, lol :p ;)

I may give a passing swipe at the bodywork with a rag and some form of "waterless" detailer spray once in a while, and fasteners and bolts usually get cleaned by default of checking them, but I've already noted large patches of scuffed paint spots from my knee armour in my Aerostich AD-1 pants. Meh. I plan on deliberately riding through gooey mud puddles and crashing in gravel (hopefully not too often that, though, hee hee) out in the boonies, so I am going to be spending my time, money, and efforts on things other than: "ooh, shiny!" Not that there's anything wrong with that! :)

I'd look for something besides WD40. :eek: In those quantities, it would be like pouring your oil into the water supply, especially if you do it each day.

In the winter, I rarely wash my bike...it'll only look clean in my driveway or garage. I commute and can't keep the bike as clean as the "garage queens" that are tucked away for the next 8 months.

Chris

I agree, but I am Scottish and too miserable to spend money on someone else to clean my oven....have to count the pennies Christmas is coming....

I use Plexus on the windshield. A trick that I use for light cleaning or if you live in an area with alot of bugs. Lemon Pledge, spray it on and let sit for a few minutes and then just wipe it off. Works great and your bike will have a nice lemony smell!

A cheap bottle of amonia works great on bugs. If you wanna go all out get a spray bottle put amonia in it spray the bugs enjoy a cold barley-pop and wash like normal. No need to scrub bugs at all.

Back