• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Cold commute

Video isn't cooperating in Internet Explorer but got it to play in Google Chrome. You may have good weather but you can't get anywhere. LOL

Last edited:
I made the mistake last week of believing too much in the timing of the weather forecast and decided to ride. The forecast was calling for snow that particular afternoon, but it was forecasted that the temps would stay above freezing until about the same time I was to be getting off work. I'm not scared of snow above freezing, especially since the morning was starting out in the 40s farenheit. However, the temps dropped below freezing two hours before my departure time, and there was snow/ice on the roads when I left from work. Not much; but a little. I commuted back home strictly on the highways and went the long way. Did not slip any, but it was nerve racking on the few turns and curves that I encountered on the way home. I had to stay in the narrow tire track ahead of me in order to feel a little secure, and that wasn't very easy to do this for 35 minutes straight. I made it home safe, but I'll be more careful next time and not ride if the forecast is iffy.

I made the mistake last week of believing too much in the timing of the weather forecast and decided to ride. The forecast was calling for snow that particular afternoon, but it was forecasted that the temps would stay above freezing until about the same time I was to be getting off work. I'm not scared of snow above freezing, especially since the morning was starting out in the 40s farenheit. However, the temps dropped below freezing two hours before my departure time, and there was snow/ice on the roads when I left from work. Not much; but a little. I commuted back home strictly on the highways and went the long way. Did not slip any, but it was nerve racking on the few turns and curves that I encountered on the way home. I had to stay in the narrow tire track ahead of me in order to feel a little secure, and that wasn't very easy to do this for 35 minutes straight. I made it home safe, but I'll be more careful next time and not ride if the forecast is iffy.

Better safe than sorry. You do need to think ahead and plan accordingly and you have to be willing to accept the consequences. You could always leave your bike at work and work out transportation to pick up when the weather clears but I wouldn't want to do that either.

I think a lot of people push the envelope and what you did isn’t outside the norm. I know the feeling you expressed. Tense, pulse elevated, and maybe even a little bit afraid. Sucks when in that situation.

I actually am taking a chance like that today. We are supposed to get freezing rain sometime this afternoon. Hopefully after 3PM but the highway usually doesn't freeze up as fast so I shouldn’t have any issues.

canna be any colder than this fella;)

91fa.jpg

Back