• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How much could you realistically modify a nc750x?

vanbobble

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all. Had my NC750x for about 14 months now and I love it.. I love the look, love the frunk and love chucking it into corners. I commute on it, ride twisties all summer long and has a lot of fun in the Peak District on it last year

I’m a tall rider, 6ft 5 so the upright position is good for me.. the seat is comfy and not bad for pillion

I didn’t know how I would really ride when I got it as it was first bike.. but it seems I like riding it quick at the limits.. consequently I’m hitting the limiter in the lower gears too often and also the brakes are honestly not great when pushing it

I have test rode a few bikes over the last couple of weeks.. Ninja 1000sx - really like it. Gsx1000 Gt - bit scary if honest, and today a bmw s1000xr - strangely disappointing!

I am due to test ride a Versys 1000 next week

Can’t help but think that if there was a way of quite seriously upping the power on the Honda and putting on much better brakes it would be my perfect bike..

I know plenty will say the bike is not designed for that, and you’re right it’s not.. but as I say I like the physical features of the bike

So what could be done realistically.. turbo? Different engine? Larger twin discs and twin front callipers?

Can see myself getting a ninja 1000sx but it would be cool to keep the Honda and seriously play about with it as a project bike if I can

The limits of modification are based only on your skill. Mine is limited so I don’t try all that. Really though it just sounds like you want a bigger bike. Anything can be done, but the return on investment is not worth it usually.

thanks for the comments guys.. looks like I will be upgrading

I’m ruling out anything with front wheel larger than 17 inches, don’t like the feel, not suited to my riding style

Was really excited about test riding the bmw s1000xr the other day, but was really unimpressed over all.

I’m 6ft 5 so way too big for MT09 and probably MT10 plus not looking for a super naked

I did try out the Tracer 9 last year but ideally want a liter bike

Test riding the Versys 1000 on Saturday so will make a decision after that.. really liked the Ninja 1000sx though.. with a set of bar risers on and different end can on it would be perfect I think

thanks for the comments guys.. looks like I will be upgrading

I’m ruling out anything with front wheel larger than 17 inches, don’t like the feel, not suited to my riding style

Was really excited about test riding the bmw s1000xr the other day, but was really unimpressed over all.

I’m 6ft 5 so way too big for MT09 and probably MT10 plus not looking for a super naked

I did try out the Tracer 9 last year but ideally want a liter bike

Test riding the Versys 1000 on Saturday so will make a decision after that.. really liked the Ninja 1000sx though.. with a set of bar risers on and different end can on it would be perfect I think
The Kawasaki would be perfect for you, its a tall bike. :)

The Versys does look good

The ninja 1000sx was surprisingly nice seating position though.. and I do like the racy look and feel. I have long arms so could easily sit fully upright on it, although a set of bar risers will probably avoid shoulder aches

The NT1100 is a bit like a NC on steroids. ~100hp so way more than the NC. If you like the NC you should get a test ride on the NT.
The Lofty Biker YouTube channel is one to look at. He is UK based and the same height as you. He test rides everything (except Yamahas as he is in Cornwall with no local dealer).
His bike of choice is a NT1100 DCT.

Are you planning on racing?
Some track days could be good.. test ridden a few 140 - 150bhp bikes now and the pull on them is amazing.. the ability to quickly pass anything in 2nd, 3rd or 4th gear is appealing.. but also they tend to have crazy good brakes

Honda announced the transalp 750 is coming to USA in 2024. It will have just under 90hp. Enough to go fast but not get you in too much trouble, with dual brake disks in front and showa suspension. MSRP will be $9,999.

Hi all. Had my NC750x for about 14 months now and I love it.. I love the look, love the frunk and love chucking it into corners. I commute on it, ride twisties all summer long and has a lot of fun in the Peak District on it last year

I’m a tall rider, 6ft 5 so the upright position is good for me.. the seat is comfy and not bad for pillion

I didn’t know how I would really ride when I got it as it was first bike.. but it seems I like riding it quick at the limits.. consequently I’m hitting the limiter in the lower gears too often and also the brakes are honestly not great when pushing it

I have test rode a few bikes over the last couple of weeks.. Ninja 1000sx - really like it. Gsx1000 Gt - bit scary if honest, and today a bmw s1000xr - strangely disappointing!

I am due to test ride a Versys 1000 next week

Can’t help but think that if there was a way of quite seriously upping the power on the Honda and putting on much better brakes it would be my perfect bike..

I know plenty will say the bike is not designed for that, and you’re right it’s not.. but as I say I like the physical features of the bike

So what could be done realistically.. turbo? Different engine? Larger twin discs and twin front callipers?

Can see myself getting a ninja 1000sx but it would be cool to keep the Honda and seriously play about with it as a project bike if I can
After reading your general description I believe you might find that the Africa Twin would check all he boxes. Especially being 6 5 you would probably like the seat in high position and a small tank bag to replace the forward trunk. I had both a 750 and an AT and in the end I stick with the 750 and sold the AT to a guy who was about your height.l am only 6’ tall and the 750 is the perfect fir. Go with the AT in whatever flavor you like and you will be supremely satisfied.

After reading your general description I believe you might find that the Africa Twin would check all he boxes. Especially being 6 5 you would probably like the seat in high position and a small tank bag to replace the forward trunk. I had both a 750 and an AT and in the end I stick with the 750 and sold the AT to a guy who was about your height.l am only 6’ tall and the 750 is the perfect fir. Go with the AT in whatever flavor you like and you will be supremely satisfied.
The AT is a great recommendation, all except for the 17 inch front wheel requirement per post #7 (see below).

Back