• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Colorado Dirt and Gravel Road Conditions in May

Afan

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I'll be visiting my son in Colorado sometime in the second half of May. I thought about using some days while he's at work to explore the area on my Himalayan. The routes I'm considering are something like this: https://maps.app.goo.gl/6nFAU7exnKfjcYi96.

Since I've never ridden in Colorado before, do you have any idea what the road conditions are like in May? I'll be riding solo, and I want to avoid any messy, muddy, and slippery roads.

What are your thoughts? Any suggestions?

Slight chance of clear and dry. Big chance of sloppy. Fair chance of snowy. All dependent upon altitude and the whims of the gods.

Disclaimer: my Colorado residency was almost 20 years ago, but I don’t think the climate has changed enough yet to alter my answer much.

Agree with above. May is usually a good month for motorcycling in CO. In fact all months are, but the snow is completely random and chances will increase at elevation. I would not worry about anything terrible since it usually stays pretty sunny year round.

I've seen 80's in February and a blizzard in June... And I did ride my NC700 12 months out of the year when I lived there, aside from snow days.

Back