• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Coolant discharge - why?

I would ride it hard up a long hill and stop to test max heat stress on a hot a day as poss ,with a pillion ideally ,if no problem I would try and forget it .(safely of course) My fan has only ever come on going up huge hills in the Pyrenees on 40 deg c days ,it never comes on here in coooool Scotland.
The paint is atrocious quality ! one really shouldn't have anything washing around the cooling system ,it takes very little to bump a head gasket temporarily

Summer in Florida one up in stop-and-go traffic will test any cooling system. Their test for an hour sitting in the parking lot is pretty good I think. (I would not have made it through that test in riding gear).
I wonder how people can tell when their fans come on. I certainly can't. One needs a flashlight while kneeling next to the bike as far as I can tell.

Also my brother says Honda is known for bad radiator caps and I probably had one that was not seated properly.
I guess we shall see.
Thanks to all who contributed and let me vent.

Yes, my fan is easily loud enough to hear with helmet and earplugs in, and a louder aftermarket muffler. *click* WHHHHSSSSSSHHHHHHH

I can't quite hear the fan in my headlight bulb with the bike idling and helmeted up, but with the ignition on, bike not running, WZZZZZZZZZZZZ lol

So.
Another thousand miles on the bike and nothing else has happened related to the cooling system.

Another one of life's little mysteries.

Back