• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Corbin seat question

eastbayandy

Reaction score
Visit site
I have done the seat slope mod and put on a sit and fly cover. Still pretty uncomfortable after the first 30 miles. I used to have a Corbin on my BMW and thinking of going that route. My question: I probably will never 2 up, so was thinking just the rider seat. Corbin says it will work with the stock rear, but I seem to remember that some folks feel differently. Anyone with actual experience find this an issue? Also, leather or plastic? I'm in FL so the sun can make the seat pretty hot when parked. The sit and fly cover really eliminates this.

I put a Corbin seat on the bike last year. I don't ride with passenger so only put a rider seat on it, Leather. The fit was fine and comfort level is WAY better than stock. Only issue I had was opening & closing the gas cover - meaning the stock passenger seat. Seems the Corbin seat is a tad bit higher or thicker where the passenger seat meets. Still to this day I have to push down on the passenger seat and while doing so turn the key to release it to open and when finished I have to use two hands to close the passenger seat. The Corbin seat has a very identified crease where the passenger seat meets but still a bit to thick to allow the opening with just turning the key and can't close easily with just one hand. In other words -- it's a tight fit in the beginning and will only get a little better in the future. That being said -- it presents no problem at all with me or the bike.

Back