• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Custom paint job

buckshot

Reaction score
Visit site
As much as I love my S, I couldn't stand the yellow accents on the frunk and the stickers. I hate yellow, the only think it looks good on are extra-terrestrial robots that resemble camaros.

So I pulled the NC700S stickers off the side, and removed the frunk boomerangs. Really easy, 2 screws each on the underside of the frunk lid.

These are where they're located on the S, likely slightly different on the X.

boomerang bolts.jpg

And here she is with no boomerangs.

no boomerangs.jpg

no boomerangs 2.jpg

We all know what grey primer looks like, so I'll skip that picture. Just if anyone else tries something similar I highly recommend roughing up the boomerangs with some 400 grit wet/dry, then using a good plastic primer after that. I goofed that part up a bit, first coat of regular primer wiped right off after 30 mins. I was not impressed. I cleaned it off, scuffed up the plastic, then re-applied it and it seemed to stick fairly well. It still looked rough after 2 coats and light sanding, so I hit it with some dublicolor filler-primer. That stuff is amazing. One coat got rid of 99.99% of all the imperfections, and everything stuck fine. Onto the meat and potatoes.....

On goes the first coat of base, Plum Crazy....

first coat base.jpg

Aw yeah, purple baby! Courtesy of my local NAPA and all the best looking Mopar muscle around! Damn I'm stoked.

Here they are after 3 coats of base and 4 of clear.

final clear.jpg

I'm fairly new to autobody type stuff, and so far I think they've turned out amazing if I do say so myself. I'm just waiting for everything to dry up then I'll be on to re-fitting them to the frunk lid. Pictures will follow, hopefully tonight.

All of this was done with spray cans, no fancy tools. Though maybe one day.....

P.S. That's not a real rifle in the 1st pic, just an air rifle. The chipmunk insurgents have been infiltrating my outer perimeter all spring, and they get pretty ballsy without Dog around.

Last edited:
I don't have any before pics of just the boomerangs, but here is the bike shortly after I bought it. That should give you and idea of what it looked like.

IMG056.jpg

Buckshot,
the part number for the "X" model for those "boomerangs" is 64102-MSG-D30ZA. Is it the same for the "S"? I can't find it ....

Back