• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Dash-cam for motorcycle?

Afan

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm planing to buy a dash-cam for my car. Right now this one is on the top of the list: Rexing V1 (on Amazon).
But now I'm considering installing a dash-cam on my motorcycle too. I have three action cams and I use them a lot, but they're not On all the time because of the battery limitation. And, I can't record while charging.
So, my question is, does anybody has kinda "universal" dash-cam that can be used in a car and on a bike? Or, recommendation for a bike dash-cam.

Thanks for any help.

I don't have a cam for my bike yet but I've been looking at this one. The Innovv k1.
It has a front and back cam that are on as long as the bike is. A couple of recording modes and capture.
K1a.jpg

I don't have a cam for my bike yet but I've been looking at this one. The Innovv k1.
It has a front and back cam that are on as long as the bike is. A couple of recording modes and capture.
View attachment 35778

I have this one, it works well. Records on a loop, starts/stops on bike power ignition signal.
It's no GoPro quality wise and you'll have to find a place to put the display where you can get at it.

I have this one, it works well. Records on a loop, starts/stops on bike power ignition signal.
It's no GoPro quality wise and you'll have to find a place to put the display where you can get at it.

I have this installed on my bike too and agree with everything supertux1 said. It also draws from the battery when the bike is off and will kill the battery if the bike is not starter within a week or so.

I have this installed on my bike too and agree with everything supertux1 said. It also draws from the battery when the bike is off and will kill the battery if the bike is not starter within a week or so.
You can't put it on a relay?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You can't put it on a relay?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If by relay you mean a circuit that turns on with the ignition then yes, it’s part of the installation and triggers the unit to power up and begin recording. There’s also a direct battery connection which maintains the time and probably other settings. It’s this which weakens the battery’s charge.

Same company also makes the C5 which WiFi enables to show the video on your smartphone (ie you don’t need the display). It one-way facing (one camera, not 2). I’ve been looking at this one for a while - haven’t pulled the trigger because I’m still on the fence as to how much I’d use it (riding is a hobby for me, not a commuting event).

25fbf35743dbd26a3bf66387265299cd.jpg

Motorcycle Camera | Motorcycle Traffic Camera | INNOVV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems to be a lot of $200 to $300 solutions.

Other options are, ~$50 for a black-box car dash cam (don't ride in the rain) or GoPro Session (refurbs at $100) or GoPro Session4 (refurbs at $110).

Mine came with a 12V to USB power converter that I wired into my fusebox (PDM60) it comes on ~7 seconds after turning the ignition on.
It has a voice and music tones that says 'Recording Starting' and 'Recording Stopped' when you turn the bike on and off.

Gripes:

o Can't access the recordings without getting access to the unit, to either view them, remove the SD card, or hook up a USB cable.
o It hung on me once and would not record, had to reformat the SD card. ( I took advantage of that and updated the firmware at the same time. )

afan...I have a Bullet HD Biker Mate camera on my CTX. Had it for over two years and it works flawlessly. Plus, if you have any issues just email them and they get back to you quick!
I looked for something that is constantly on when the bike is on, something that loops and something that never has to recharge. This one does all!
In addition to the camera there is an additional USB port for either another camera (rear) or to charge a cell phone/GPS/etc. The quality is pretty good. I've even posted a few "near misses" on YouTube from this camera. I always have had a dash camera in my cars. Just one more thing for evidence!
It's easy to install, hooks straight to your battery. Has multiple modes and stores as much footage as whatever SD card you buy. It comes with everything you need.

biker-mate.jpg

https://bullethd.com/en/cameras/44-biker-mate.html

Back