• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

DCT What Do We Think?

[...I don't get the fuss some people make about lugging...1600rpm to 2200 rpm it's fine...]

I agree completely because Honda R & D obviously designed the shift points so the engine would be at 2000 RPM (in D) most of the time. The old idea about needing to rev the engine to avoid "lugging" is just that...an old idea that doesn't apply to the NC.

In ref to adding a rear wheel brake lever on the left handlebar, at least for me I'd avoid it like the plague because my other bike (NT700V) has a normal tranny with clutch lever on that side. Switching back and forth between bikes, it would just add to the "readjustment" and speaking of that, I now find it much easier to go from the standard NT to the NC/DCT then visa versa. On the NT, I sometimes find myself coming to a stop and wondering why the engine is shaking so much! :)

Back