• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Deer vs NC700x

Blackrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, hate to post this but it just happened to me. Riding to work at
night there was a deer just walking or standing in the road. When I
saw it in my headlights it looked at me and leaped right in front of me.
I was doing like 45 mph. Hit it straight on. Threw me off the bike and
landed, sliding on my left side watching my bike slide away down the
road.

My gear saved me some serious injury. Jacket and gloves are shredded
up. Got some minor road rash here and there. My knee over just jeans
got the worst of it. Swollen knee and sprained ankle. (Had riding boots on).
Helmet visor scratched.

Killed the deer.

The bike has bent forks, damaged plastics, handlebar bent, mirror bent, clutch
bent and leaking a small amount of gasoline underneath. Gear shift bent. The bike
seemed to hold up well.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear. Glad you are in fairly good shape.

Animals on the road is my biggest fear about riding at night.

As a sidebar, in the eyes of insurance companies, this is considered collision damage, right? I never carry collision coverage, since I just decided I wouldn't crash my bike. :rolleyes: However, in the case of animals moving about on the road, I have less control over the situation.

Last edited:
Good to hear you are pretty much ok. Hope the bike can be fixed for you to ride again. My area surrounded by deer - I always try to pay close attention, but you never know. Best of luck to you!

Damn dude, sorry to hear that. I was almost in the same situation a couple weeks ago. Scary stuff.

As a sidebar, in the eyes of insurance companies, this is considered collision damage, right? I never carry collision coverage, since I just decided I wouldn't crash my bike. :rolleyes: However, in the case of animals moving about on the road, I have less control over the situation.

Not sure if it's considered a collision or not (don't see why it wouldn't be), but it's an automatic at-fault claim since you're the only vehicle involved.

Glad you weren't hurt worse.

When I started riding I went to a large MC store and bought a Helmet and mesh jacket based on salesman's input. When I got home I looked up reviews of the jacket. Read one review where the rider talked about how well the jacket protected him, but after a wreck, regretted he didn't buy the pants. Next day I went back and bought the pants. ATGATT

Sorry about the mishap. Since deer and elk can be a problem in this part of the country, I don't ride in early dawn or dusk or night hours if I can possibly avoid it. Although I did have one jump in front of me in the middle of the day a few weeks ago. Fortunately I was able to make a very quick stop. It did make my stomach flip a bit. Hope you heal quickly from your scrapes, bruises, etc.; and you are able to get your NC back in riding condition.

Dang, sorry to hear about your wreck and I'm glad you are relatively alright. Heal quickly!

Can you tell the insurance company that the deer hit you? :confused:

Bad to hear but you still here to talk about it is the best thing.heal fast and ride again.keep us posted

In Wisconsin and Minnesota (the two states I have experience with deer hits and insurance in) an animal collision is considered a comprehensive claim as it's an "act of god" situation.

OP glad to hear you are doing ok..

Mike

I was doing like 45 mph. Hit it straight on. Threw me off the bike and
landed, sliding on my left side watching my bike slide away down the
road.
VERY glad to hear that you are relatively ok. Bikes can be replaced, what is important is that you are alive and well!!!
Oh, and congrats on killing that forest rat!

Glad you are not hurt too bad. Sounds like a total to me.
I was glad I had full-coverage on mine when I wrecked.

Let us know how it all turns out.

Back