• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Difference Between the NC 700 DCT and CTX 700 DCT!

IdleUp

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello guys - I know you guys know the NC700 inside and out so I need your expert advise - I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a 2015 NC700 with DCT - they also have a 2015 CTX 700N with DCT.

I studied the bikes in the showroom but only drove the NC 700 model which i loved - I noticed the CTX has pegs forward and a completely different style and no Frunk - Both bikes are close to the same price but I don't recall seeing and anit-lock braking disk on the wheels.

My question is what do you guys feel is the advantage or disadvantage of the CTX over the NC700

Many Thanks

Attachments

• ctx.jpg
    ctx.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,337
I have never ridden the CTX, but I recently rode with someone who does. We compared notes, and he felt the performance was similar if not identical. The seat height was a factor in his choice. I find the CTX very nice looking, but for me the choice of NC was primarily about my preferred rider position and frunk. I really like my 2015 DCT model.

I have both bikes.

engine wise feels the same and tranny as well.

it comes down to handling and riding position. the NC handles with more control due to the peg position. feels sportier

the trunk is a plus and more accessories also a plus on the NC

I was aware of the CTX at the time I purchased but my goal was the NC700. Really loved the idea of the funk. I would have looked more seriously if I missed the target. From a demand stand point, the CTX didn't seen to be as popular so the pricing was attractive. I would say that the CTX is a cruiser version of the NC. Lower seat and forward peg position. The cruiser market traditionally goes for more chrome and noise so not sure the bike fit well with the audience...but what do I know :)

Thanks for the reply's guys - I just found out the CTX 700 comes in two versions as shown in the images.

I have to admit the red one with the faring and bags to make up for the trunk looks pretty good!

Mike

Attachments

• honda-ctx700-ctx700n-motorcycle-review-specs-concept-touring-bike-cruiser-ctx-700-dct-.jpg
    honda-ctx700-ctx700n-motorcycle-review-specs-concept-touring-bike-cruiser-ctx-700-dct-.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,870
  • 060913bottom2.jpg
    060913bottom2.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 999
I own an NC and I've ridden it 27000 miles. Today I just took another Honda demo ride on a CTX - probably for the fifth time.

Engine and tranny are the same. The CTX suspension seems to have less travel (the specs would confirm that) and the rear doesn't seem to handle much passenger weight before being overtaxed.

The CTX with the short windshield is terribly noisy. I'd either get the tall shield or the naked one.

Beyond that it boils down to whether you like your feet out forward. I don't. I ended up riding more comfortably today with my feet on the passenger pegs. But, that's a personal preference thing. Just buy whichever model feels right to you.

Last edited:
I test rode both the faired CTX DCT and the NCX DCT. I was more comfortable with the feet under me and the slightly taller seating style than the cruiser style so I bought the NCX. From a looks perspective I preferred the naked CTX over the faired version and preferred the NCX over either CTX; personal choice obviously, but the faired version would make a better commuter due to storage and fairing protection. I don't think you can technically go wrong with either choice, you should get the one that you feel most comfortable riding and will enjoy more. For me that was the NCX, for you? Also, make sure you are comfortable with the seat height. While I cannot flat foot the NCX (29" inseam), I'm close enough and still preferred it over the CTX which I could flat foot.

Thanks for the reply's Guys -

I'm sort of up in the air seems the CTX but it is more of a touring bike look than the sportier NC model. With regard to the seating position - I just sold my Can Am RTS model last year and bought the Spyder F3T - aside from mechanical advantages like the 3 cyl - you sit lower and with your feet forward and its more comfortable than the feet down version they offered in the past. I went for the Auto-shift on the Canam and while its no where as re-fined as the Honda DCT it works OK.

I'm looking for a small auto bike like the NC to carry on my RV trips. I have a Reese carrier and felt the NC would be nice instead of doing the Enterprise car rentals. I visited the CTX700 Forum and guys love the CTX and most felt it was a bit more comfortable than the NC models.

Here's a few images of my F3-T.

Thanks

Mike

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 899
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 1,021
  • bp16.jpg
    bp16.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 909
  • bp22.jpg
    bp22.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 899
  • bp23.jpg
    bp23.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 999
The NC700 and CTX700 share the same engine and transmission. If I remember correctly, I saw a diagram of where they share the same frame also, just the ctx 700 is racked out further in the front. The CTX is cruiser style while the NC700 is 'standard' style. The N in CTX700N is for 'naked' (meaning no fairing).

I have owned both. The CTX was uncomfortable for me. The position of feet made my back hurt. Also impossible to rise off the seat for a quick bit of fresh air to the butt -- or other needs. I stuck with the NC and it's a great bike.

dont like either the ctx models nor the cam et. if your getting a 3 wheeler you may as well buy a sport car.

dont like either the ctx models nor the cam et. if your getting a 3 wheeler you may as well buy a sport car.

Thanks for y our reply on the CTX - I'm trending on the NC model.

Regarding your comments on the three-wheeler, you might want to try the Spyder - there is no comparison in any respect to a sports car with bucket seats a steering wheel and a steel cage around you.

Regards!

Hello, IdleUp, If you are thinking of using the bike with your RV the frunk may prove invaluable. Having a lockable watertight storage area is a great asset.

Hello, IdleUp, If you are thinking of using the bike with your RV the frunk may prove invaluable. Having a lockable watertight storage area is a great asset.
Plus +1

That frunk (and upright seating position, close second) is what immediately swayed me (love at first sight?) when I was primarily interested in the CTX on the Honda showroom floor. I am so attached to its convenient use that it is a deal breaker if I start to consider any other m/c that doesn't have one. I am currently on my third NC700.

Ray

Last edited:
I absolutely agree 100% the NC is a good choice.

While i like the look and fairing of the CTX I would have to but bags to carry my frog togs. The NC 700 is a great bike and the trunk is one of the main selling features!

Thanks

Feet-forward with a trike like the can-am is a wholly different animal from feet-forward with a 2-wheeler. IMO, you need the footpegs in the 'correct' position to get the best control over the bike, and that would be like with the NC. Of course that really depends on what you want to do with the bike, if you're comfortable with the feet-forward position and find it suitable for the kind of riding you do, I don't see why you wouldn't get a CTX. Except for the frunk of course. Frunk is love, frunk is life, I've got a frunk on my bike what else could I possibly need?

I agree I sat on a CTX with the fairing and my knees were against the fairing when i put my feet on the pegs - It did work for my 5 ft wife though!

Yep its hard to put a price on the trunk, its as important to me as the looks and ride. If I went for the CTX, I would have to buy bags and i didn't want them.

Hey Guys I found the seat very hard am I doing something wrong or is there after market seats that work better.

Thanks

Mike

Feet-forward with a trike like the can-am is a wholly different animal from feet-forward with a 2-wheeler. IMO, you need the footpegs in the 'correct' position to get the best control over the bike . . .

Feet forward vs feet under is about control, but it's also about reducing lower back pain. Having the feet under allows for a straighter spine and allows the legs to carry some of your weight when riding on rough surfaces. That holds true whether it's a two or three wheeler.

Hey Guys I found the seat very hard am I doing something wrong or is there after market seats that work better.
You found the Hercules heel of the NC700X! That seat is good for about 45 minutes before you start butt dancing, squirming this way and that way. There are aftermarket seats that allow increments of longer duration until the 'dancing', but I eliminated the dance altogether by getting a Russel Day-Long seat. Pricey, but the most effective to enjoy long, long hours in the saddle. Plan on a better seat, better touring windscreen, and now also plan on real car-style cruise control!

Ray

Back