• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Difference Between the NC 700 DCT and CTX 700 DCT!

Now I see why there is a difference!
If you want both seats in leather, front seat heated (highly recommended), expect only change for lunch at McDonald's back from a grand. Like I said, pricey but totally eliminated the squirming. I've ridden 28-32 hours straight through, 1800 miles once, butt was fine, rest of my bag of bones, not so much.

Day-Long | Motorcycle Seats | Russell Cycle

Ray

Last edited:
Here's a seat I just built on the Corbin site I thought this was around $700 heated

Attachments

• half_canyondualsport_2.jpg
    half_canyondualsport_2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 635
You're going to have a hard time at gas stops with that seat, might want to look at the two piece options. :p

Here's a seat I just built on the Corbin site I thought this was around $700 heated

That must be for a CTX, since with that seat you wouldn't be able to fuel up an NC700X.

Hard to believe that is a Corbin seat, because it doesn't say Corbin on the side. If you can actually order it without their billboard advertising on the sides, that's good.

Last edited:
That must be for a CTX, since with that seat you wouldn't be able to fuel up an NC700X.

Hard to believe that is a Corbin seat, because it doesn't say Corbin on the side. If you can actually order it without their billboard advertising on the sides, that's good.

Thanks - I selected the the NC but when it went to their design center it must have changed it, it might just be a generic for design and colors only. The name Corbin is there when you design the seat you can select a matching color for the logo - but they won't leave it off. Heat is only for the driver seat.

Thanks

I don't have a CTX and I've never ridden one. But I used to own a Shadow so I am familiar with a similar riding position.
I currently own a VFR and an NCX.

Both NCX and CTX share the same motor and frame.
The steering angle (Rake) of the NCX and CTX is basically the same, and the CTX is actually very close to the NC700S when you talk about the other specs (Trail, wheelbase...).
Handling should be very close to the S. The NCX has more Trail due to the taller suspension.
Differences...
The NCX has the frunk. Frunk is good.
The riding position on the CTX makes it almost impossible to lean forward to weight the front end for more grip in corners.
It makes it almost impossible to lift your butt off of the seat for adjusting your seating position, to be off the seat for a big jolt from something in the road, to stretch, or to get some air.
The NCX has a little more suspension, so if you want to explore some dirt roads, it can handle more bumps.
The CTX styling might appeal to you more if cruisers are popular where you live, or if your friends have cruisers.
The CTX seat height is better for the vertically challenged.

For some reason, Honda seats are horrible and Honda engineers should be forced to sit on them all day every day until they get the message.
My 98 VFR suffers from the same foam. Honda has easily had 20 years to deal with this and has refused to do so.

Last edited:
I can truly say in all the decades I've driven the NC seat is like sitting on a wooden box! Looking and pushing on the seat you would never guess it was that bad until you drive the bike.

I did find I can get some "Temp" relief by sliding way forward on the seat to otherwise relive some weight of your asse - but that is only good for 5 minutes and you guys know why!

I can truly say in all the decades I've driven the NC seat is like sitting on a wooden box! Looking and pushing on the seat you would never guess it was that bad until you drive the bike.

I did find I can get some "Temp" relief by sliding way forward on the seat to otherwise relive some weight of your asse - but that is only good for 5 minutes and you guys know why!

Butt! In all fairness to Honda, you still bought the bike from them. See, we can b!tch about the seat all we want, but if Honda can still sell you the bike in spite of the seat, then they have no reason to care about it. The seat just needs to be good enough to move the bike off the showroom floor.

If Honda tried to make a better seat, they would still probably fail in many cases, since everyone would have a different need/want.

If it makes you feel any better, I thought the Africa Twin's seat was worse than the NCX's. It was fine for a dirt bike, which is basically what the Africa Twin is, but not good for touring.

Last edited:
I can truly say in all the decades I've driven the NC seat is like sitting on a wooden box!

and I can truly say that some days, the seat seems to be perfect for my needs while at other days, my *** just can't agree with the seat no matter what I do

The CTX has a seat height about 4" lower than the NCX. Honda achieved this by modifying the frame from the NC version and partially moving the fuel tank from under the rider's seat into the space the frunk occupies on the NC versions. The CTX has slightly more rake and trail making the bike steer a little slower and be more stable in a straight line, both attributes of low cruiser-style bikes.

The comments about the stock NC700X seat make me feel special. I rode the stock seat on my first NC700X for two plus years over 25,000 miles doing many very long rides including two rides over 1000 miles a day and several tours with multiple 300-500 mile back to back days. For me it wasn't that bad.

Another guy here who has no problems with the stock Honda seat :D

You want a bad seat? 1991 Suzuki DR350S. The Devil himself, disguised as a piece of vinyl covered foam. :eek:

The CTX has a seat height about 4" lower than the NCX. Honda achieved this by modifying the frame from the NC version and partially moving the fuel tank from under the rider's seat into the space the frunk occupies on the NC versions. The CTX has slightly more rake and trail making the bike steer a little slower and be more stable in a straight line, both attributes of low cruiser-style bikes.

The comments about the stock NC700X seat make me feel special. I rode the stock seat on my first NC700X for two plus years over 25,000 miles doing many very long rides including two rides over 1000 miles a day and several tours with multiple 300-500 mile back to back days. For me it wasn't that bad.

DDuelin Quick question do you have any feeling below your waist LOL

I also am fine with the stock seat. I bought an airhawk for very long days, and have yet to use it. So very few of us.

You are correct, I am wrong.
There is .7 degrees difference in rake. But changing the rear height slightly or raising/dropping the forks in the triple clamps will change that much.
From the look of the trail, the CTX must have different triple clamps.

Hey guys what is this additional seat shown and where can you find one.

Attachments

• 19068d1406433678-pictures-various-honda-nc700x-saddlebags-ergo21.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 264
Hey guys what is this additional seat shown and where can you find one.

The clue is the label on the seat cushion. BMS = Bill Mayer Saddles. Look them up.

Back