• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Dual Clutch Transmission Change Pedal Kit

I can see the benefit if you loan or rent your bike, a conventional rider will fall back on instinct in a stressful situation, so it may helps if the bike behaves as expected with a manual.

can't see the point at all with this gear thingy.
if you want auto but still want gears then best buy a geared bike and be done with.

Next let's have fake kick starters, too; I've always felt bikes look like they're missing something without one.

And having learned on manual typewriters, I would love to have a computer keyboard with an old-fashioned chromed carriage return lever looming over the left side.....

How about this then? A fake clutch lever too!!!

[video=youtube_share;OLLhrRED890]http://youtu.be/OLLhrRED890[/video]

What's the point in that?
It's to fulfill the feeling that I'l changing gears. I wish I could put a fake pedal in my car..

With the DCT there are times it is nice to override. I down shift a lot for engine braking or if setting up for a takeover for quicker acceleration already in a lower gear. If someone wants to do it with their toe that is their business and not mine to judge. If someone has a physical problem with their hand then hats off to Honda for providing them an option.

With the DCT there are times it is nice to override. I down shift a lot for engine braking or if setting up for a takeover for quicker acceleration already in a lower gear. If someone wants to do it with their toe that is their business and not mine to judge. If someone has a physical problem with their hand then hats off to Honda for providing them an option.

+1 to this post!

As an owner of a DCT I'm one to whom such a farkle is aimed towards, unlike the manual shift guys here who feel compelled to poo-poo something not intended for them! Perhaps I should ridicule the idea of a folding shift lever (which earned a sticky on this board btw) since it's purpose is comparably moot on the DCT?
I am very happy with D mode for daily city riding, S mode for the occasional twisties, and the finger paddles to force a (down)shift now and then. However I do find the paddles to be marginally ergonomic at best and for that reason never use the full manual mode.
I would love to have the option to use my foot to shift if the urge strikes me but find it hard to justify the significant extra cost Web!ke is charging. Perhaps if it becomes cheaper in the future I'll go for it!

Last edited:
Shrug ... I'm not planning to do this one, but you'd be amazed how many wasteful over-$300 motorcycle items are littering my garage. Helmets, jackets, old cruiser windshield, unused Givi trunk, extra tire, etc...

I'm not a fan of the paddle placement, personally. I would certainly be interested in one of these kits... but not for that much. As for the clutch lever, if I had the time and money (or, rather motivation), I'd relocate the foot brake to the clutch area. I'd also get rid of the linked braking. No clue if it's possible, but it'd be neat.

I'm not a fan of the paddle placement, personally. I would certainly be interested in one of these kits... but not for that much. As for the clutch lever, if I had the time and money (or, rather motivation), I'd relocate the foot brake to the clutch area. I'd also get rid of the linked braking. No clue if it's possible, but it'd be neat.

I'm pretty sure the CBS can be sorted, I think a few folk have done it on Varadero's.

Shrug ... I'm not planning to do this one, but you'd be amazed how many wasteful over-$300 motorcycle items are littering my garage. Helmets, jackets, old cruiser windshield, unused Givi trunk, extra tire, etc...

must have way to much money! how about sending some to poor ol uncle johnny;)

This is for BikerDude or anyone else interested in this mod...
There is a gizmodo that allows you to put a shift lever on the left side. Its called a "Dual Clutch Transmission Pedal Change Kit" and it retails for around $305 USD. You can get it from Japan.Webike

This device (gizmodo?) is exactly what I needed this week when bumping down a rutted jeep road on my NC700XD. I had a death grip on the bars so toggling the damn paddles with my left hand was difficult, awkward and didn't always get me the gear I expected. If there had been a foot "shift lever" in place, I'd have been quite happy using my foot to select the appropriate gear for the situation. So, I found this thread, clicked on TechiePilot's link to Webike and lo, there was the gizmodo of my dreams. And it's a hundred dollars cheaper now than it was in Nov. 2012. Whoo hoo!

Then I read the fine print: "Fits HONDA NC750X RC72 Dual Clutch Transmission models only" and "HONDA NC750S RC70 Dual Clutch Transmission models only".

Since the kit was available before either of the NC750 models were on the market, that doesn't make any sense. I always have trouble getting technical questions answered by sales people, so asking Webike whether the kit also fits the NC700 DCT models probably wouldn't do any good. I'm hoping someone on the forum has either installed this kit on an NC700XD or knows enough about the similarities and differences between the two models to definitively say whether the kit will work on the earlier model.

Thanks,
Bill

A little follow-up information: Honda part number 08U70-MGS-J51 is listed on several Japanese language sites as fitting both NC700 and NC750 dual clutch transmission models - so that question is answered. The cost is another matter. While Webike lists the price of the kit now as $209, shipping to the US is $57 more, so the total is $266. That's an improvement but maybe not enough to get excited about.

As I mentioned, I found other sites listing the kit for sale, usually for a little less than Webike. I'll see if I can find a better shipping price too.

Last edited:
I would only be interested in this if the pedal can be used with the shifting paddles in place and still usable. Ugh! Only 4 more months of this.

Obviously I don't have the answer, but have learned that the Honda offers a similar accessory shift lever kit ( 08U70-MGH-D21) for the VFR1200X DCT CrossTourer (not available in the US), and it's described as: "A complete kit to select gears with a traditional foot shifter on the Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) model. Works in conjunction with, or in place of, the DCT handlebar shift triggers to offer a choice of gear selection styles."

So for the CrossTourer, the kit allows hand or foot shifts, as well as computer directed shifting. There's no reason to think the NC700/750XD kit would be any different. At least that's my hope.

Bill

Obviously I don't have the answer, but have learned that the Honda offers a similar accessory shift lever kit ( 08U70-MGH-D21) for the VFR1200X DCT CrossTourer (not available in the US), and it's described as: "A complete kit to select gears with a traditional foot shifter on the Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) model. Works in conjunction with, or in place of, the DCT handlebar shift triggers to offer a choice of gear selection styles."

So for the CrossTourer, the kit allows hand or foot shifts, as well as computer directed shifting. There's no reason to think the NC700/750XD kit would be any different. At least that's my hope.

Bill

Thanks for the info. 4 more months of talking about the bike instead of riding it.

Hi all,
Some inputs from someone who installed this pedal.
I was looking forward to do the upgrade but the price tag was not acceptable. I got the opportunity to buy a second hand one at €100, which is more within my budget restrictions.
Install:
I took me roughly 1 hour and a half to install it, 5 minutes to unmount plastic covers, 1 hour to drill a hole in the plastic cover and cut a parte of it as stated by the instructions manual. Note that I did not have the appropriate tools on hand, otherwie it would have been a 10 minutes job. Mounting the electronic switch and mechanical pedal and adjusting it took just another half hour. I had to try 4 times to "electronically register" the device. probably my timing was not right on the first try.
Features:
- the switch give that "clunky" feeling of a mechanical clutch when used, so its not just like two electronic buttons are put in a pedal.
- the handle bar paddles are still active
- as with a mechanical clutch, besides upping and downing gears, you can use it to put the gear on neutral, or get it out of neutral to first gear.
- as with the paddle shifts you can use the pedal to override automatic selection, or as a standalone gear selection methond
Usage experience:
I've got my NC700SD for 10 month now and reached 8000km, and in all this time I only occasionally used paddle shift, I never got to really get me onto using it, neither putting in neutral at stops.
I tried the pedal in both manual and automatic settings, and from a day of experience I've come to select a favorite way to use it:
I still use automatic gear selection, and let it upshift normally, I also let it downshift when I accelerate.
I use the pedal to downshift when I need to brake, it is really cool, because it anticipate the automatic downshift, and it comes very naturally to me.
I use the pedal to downshift while decelerating before a turn, specially when there are dilatation joint or other hazards on road so I don't get surpised with an "unscheduled" automatic downshift.
I use it when I stop at red lights to put it in neutral.

I love it, all I do with it could be done with the paddles and D/S selector, but it comes much more naturally this way, specially the motor braking part.
Much recommended.

I pulled the trigger and installed it last week. My experience has been the same as bdx76. I am very pleased to have the option of the pedal shifter added to the ones.

Back