• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Dumb OEM winsdhield question

badgopher

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my NC700X used, and it came with the apparently more popular tall windshield. I'm not a fan, and would like to swap it with either an OEM one, or one in that shape/size, but 20 minutes of google has left me with quite literally nothing but a list of 30 tall/super-tall ones.

I like the short look and would almost just go without one but it's kinda funky looking, even with plates.

I'm also trying to figure out why I'm only getting 36 MPG (95 miles and 2.6 gallons) if anyone has any clues there. Not my first bike, so I've already checked the tires/chain.

First, welcome to the forum. You maybe like the short look but you will prefer the wind protection a lot better ! Just my 2 cents but many wil confirm...
Aftermarket winshield are generally taller than the oem ones exactly because taller is better in most cases (but not always).

About the gas mileage, even if you weight 350 pounds, it is not possible if your bike is good mechanical condition. You maybe made a mistake reading mileage?
I just wish you're not a troll :eek:

would like to swap it with either an OEM one, or one in that shape/size, but 20 minutes of google has left me with quite literally nothing but a list of 30 tall/super-tall ones.
If I were looking for an OEM windscreen it would be on Ebay, not Google.

The Honda tall wind screen can be cut down ( tuned to your specific want or needs) and has the added benefit of the better attachment backet.

Buy the Zero Gravity windscreen. It's almost identical to the factory one and it's available in dark smoke.

Zero Gravity SR Series Windscreen Honda NC700X 2012-2015 - RevZilla

s-l1600.jpg

If you are shifting at reasonable rpm, you shouldn't be physically able to get that low a fuel mileage. I think you'd have to ride around with the brakes on

Maybe you ended up with one of the bad combination meters which randomly reset to zero miles then begin counting up again.

There is a product update to change it out if that is what's going on.

the best mileage(70+ mpg) usually occur when you spend most of the time on some country roads ,averaging about 45mph. you won't see 70mpg,moving 70mph on highway. that's a lot of wind to break

I bought my NC700X used, and it came with the apparently more popular tall windshield. I'm not a fan, and would like to swap it with either an OEM one, or one in that shape/size, but 20 minutes of google has left me with quite literally nothing but a list of 30 tall/super-tall ones.

I like the short look and would almost just go without one but it's kinda funky looking, even with plates.

I'm also trying to figure out why I'm only getting 36 MPG (95 miles and 2.6 gallons) if anyone has any clues there. Not my first bike, so I've already checked the tires/chain.

If you have the DCS version of the NC700X, make sure you're fully disengaging the parking break. that's the only thing I think that would affect your MPG so severely.

Back