• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

ergonomics of this bike is not as good as I thought

Neat site. My body position is pretty accurate based off my inputs. My biggest issue is my leg length. To bad it could not show you if your feet can flat foot the ground although I know that answer. No, in my case.

So far the bike that has fit me best was the DR650. Felt like it was made for my 6', 34" inseam. The NC feels good, after I dropped the pegs about .75" with the $50 eBay Chinese pegs.

The ergonomic site is interesting. I was thinking a movable model would be neat to play with at a bike show. You could either program in a bike to test the ergos or test to find your favorite ergos and see which bikes fit best.

Neat site. My body position is pretty accurate based off my inputs. My biggest issue is my leg length. To bad it could not show you if your feet can flat foot the ground although I know that answer. No, in my case.

it can, you have to change the settings in the options panel. If you expand you have even more possibilities.

What it comes down to is all manufactures face the same critical compromise.........seat height..........which effects all the measurements and the functionality of the bike for a given riding style or environment.

I'm 6'3, 34 inseam and with the SW Motech footpegs (1/2inch lower pegs) and 15mmtusk risers on the bars, along with a Airhawk R seat and the seat mod, it is pretty comfortable, but still would like to streach the legs out once in a while in a long ride, but I just stand up to do that.

have you ever ridden long trips??? your legs are badly bent and you sure will feel it after few hours in saddle.

For short trips around town it's not a problem but try to hit the road....

First thing I did was order some Highway Pegs. Not the cheap ones (meaning they're very long, adjustable and comfortable .... They work real well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 178
The NC fits me fairly well. At 5'8" with 32" inseam, if I was slightly taller I think it would fit better. 2"bar risers helped. I prefer a dirt bike style riding stance, with the bars up close to me. I ride with my feet under me, often with my heels on the passenger pegs. Highway pegs are very uncomfortable for me. In the end, most ergonomic issues seem to be caused by the sloped seat design.

I've done almost 700 miles on my NC in a day. At 6'2" and a 34" inseam, I was uncomfortable for a lot of it.
I need three more things (besides the Rox Risers , which I already have). Lowered foot pegs, highway pegs and some kind of seat pad.
I believe set up like that , I'd be good for the SS1000 - which is on my bucket list.

Has anyone tried these adjustable pegs. I wonder if they make a difference? But not sure if an inch and a half is worth $50-60? Opinions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 257
Has anyone tried these adjustable pegs. I wonder if they make a difference? But not sure if an inch and a half is worth $50-60? Opinions?

I could go somewhere with that, but this is a family friendly site :)
Realistically , I think they would make a good bit of difference. The price seems pretty good to me. There are a lot of them on EBay. Keep looking for a better deal!

If I loved a bike, I would do whatever it took to custom fit it to fit me, if required. Lower seat? Taller seat? Lower pegs? Bars too close/too far/not the right angle or width? Change, change, change, change...

Sure, it's more hassle than tilting your telescopic steering column, or pushing the up/down/fore/aft buttons in your heated and air conditioned, inflatable lumber support leather seated Navigator, but on the other hand, I'm pretty sure the cost of one such blinged out luxoseat all by itself, isn't too far away in cost from a gently used pre-owned NC700X, either...

So all in all, I consider any comfort tweaks to my bikes as pretty basic and well worth any efforts or experimants on my part to manipulate if I can. I personally find it very strange that more people don't, and put up with what they have (or keep buying different bikes trying to find one that "fits") as if it's impossible to do anything about it. :confused:

ItLives..... I will do more searching. Thanks. :) and L.B.S., I totally agree with you and have been tweaking my NC like crazy and experimenting with it too (note the funky attempt at mirrors I went through last month where everyone got a good laugh at the bug look :))))). Speaking of which. My Riderscan mirror from England is due any day now. :)))))

Bought a pair of eBay. Before the pegs I stretched my legs out during each commute, sometimes more than once. After the pegs I rarely feel the need to stretch/stand.

I would vote for the MFW Vario's. You can get them at Twisted Throttle, but I am not a big fan of the Chinese knocks off. YMMV

Back