• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

ever try a 110/80x17 front tire?

mtiberio

Reaction score
gjm.site90.com
the narrower tire might be better in the "dirt". My experience has been that narrower tires work better in pebbles and cobbles. Just wondering if anyone has tried this?

Funny, I was just pondering this earlier and posted about it before reading deeper into the subforum.

Also mentioned QuadBoss tire sealant (and balancer), which I personally think might be better than Ride-On ; }

What about this sealant marketed for ATV tires makes you prefer it?

The suspended fibers seem to help things seal, and the pricing is quite a bit better -- it's also marketed to motorcycles in smaller bottles if there's some mistaken idea that the same formula doesn't work for both ; }

^^^
53354459.jpg

time to cut most of the knobbie rows off a TKC 80, pretend it's thinner, and call it a day ; }

I run a TKC80 120/70/17 front and Shinko 805 150/70/17 rear on my NC700XD but my CRF250L has a Kenda 3.00-21 front and a Kenda 120/80/18 Rear. I Lately I have been thinking that my wider NC tires are much more stable in lose crap than the skinnier CRF tires. Not being an idiot, I am sure the extra weight of the NC has some to do with this BUT in gravel and lose stuff Id rather be on my NC. The CRF is just easier to flick around and jump over things and get around stuff and turn around and pick up BUT I am really likinig my NC off road more than the CRF as far as just traveling down gravel roads, dirt roads, and even tighter paths that are not super technical...my 2 cents that is probably worth only 1! hahaha

well, i can fly on gravel or rutted-out hardpack on my WR250R, where I'd get beat up at the least, and probably hospitalized doing the same on the heavier machine.

Back