• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fare the well NC700x...

Danimal

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I did it, and I feel terrible. But at the same time, needed to upgrade to a bigger, taller ride, and compared to the NC. She feels like a Cadillac with a Porsche engine.

Here's what I traded up for and got 3k worth of free gear in the process through Triumph.

View attachment 24687

One reason I like the NC700 is that it's seat height was the shortest of all similar type of bikes. Every time I look at bikes with more engine displacement I'm disapointed in the taller seat height.

Congrats on the new ride . . . it's a sharp looking machine. For what it's worth, my other bike is a 2013 TRIUMPH Trophy SE -- purchased in January of '13, the bike
just had its 20,000 mile service -- it's been a wonderful m'cycle in every conceivable way ( as has the NC 700x for that matter ) -- when folks ask ( as they often do ),
why do I have two bikes, I can only reply, " because I can't bring myself to get ride of either one! BOTH ARE GREAT!!! "

Ride safely!

I hope to be in the same situation, found a new (5 miles) 2013 I plan on trading my Goldwing in on.

Well, I did it, and I feel terrible. But at the same time, needed to upgrade to a bigger, taller ride, and compared to the NC. She feels like a Cadillac with a Porsche engine.

Here's what I traded up for and got 3k worth of free gear in the process through Triumph.

View attachment 24687

Wow congrats how do you like it in comparison, I'm interested to hear the ride test... I love my NC, BUT that is one of 2 bikes if consider letting her go for.

Miss the frunk everytime I get off it and need to store my helmet. EVERY TIME!

Also miss the gas milage. Went from $12 every 2-3 weeks to $11 every week.

Ride comparison isn't even in the same ballpark. The Triumph's seat is probably the most comfortable on a bike that was ever made. Suspenson is adjustable all around. I'm 6'4" and 220 handles me and the missus (she's around 5'7" and 130) easily with luggage.

Compatible to the GS without the cost.

Ride comparison isn't even in the same ballpark. The Triumph's seat is probably the most comfortable on a bike that was ever made. Suspenson is adjustable all around. I'm 6'4" and 220 handles me and the missus (she's around 5'7" and 130) easily with luggage.

Compatible to the GS without the cost.

Interesting observations. The Triumph is obviously a better overall bike but I would not entirely agree with regard to suspension and seat. I found my Triumphs front end only marginally better than the NC but still way too hard. The lack of damping adjustment on the forks is poor for an expensive bike. I had the Wilbers treatment done and also a Wilbers Shock on the back. The OE shock was ok but considerably better than the NC. The OE shock is not in the same league as the Wilbers.

I agree that the Triumph is an excellent pillion perch and the NC cannot compare there. My Wife loves it.

With regard to the saddle I can stay on the NC for up to 800kms without too much discomfort. The Triumph Unit would hurt me a lot more at that mileage. I find the seat too soft and I will have to replace it with a firmer unit.

On comparison with the GS I believe that with a little farkling, particularly on suspension, the Triumph is a better bike. I tried the WC GS. I took it out intending to spend the day on it with the Wife. We gave it back after an hour. As a pillion She hated it. Its motor is not in the same league as the Triumph for tractability and finesse. I am very happy with my Explorer also and my only concerns long term would be about reliability. Sounds like you are enjoying yours !

Back