• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Finally got my new windshield on!!

buckshot

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, pretty stoked about it. It took way too long to get here, but there's only one MRA importer in Canada and they didn't impress me with how they handled my order. I spoke with MRA directly and they have an exclusive agreement to only sell through their importers, so buying factory direct is a no-go. But whatever, I've got it now and that's all I care about.

Installation was dead simple. 4 screws out, 4 screws back in. I imagine it's the same for all you X guys. One of my screws didn't have the rubber washer under it from the factory, but I decided not to use the factory washers anyway. All the holes lined up really well, and the screen looks great.

Some before and afters.

IMG121.jpg
IMG122.jpg

IMG124.jpg
IMG125.jpg
IMG126.jpg

It also came with a rubber U-channel strip that's suppose to fit over the upper edge of the screen and go down the sides, then crimped into place. It was a pain in the @$$ to install, so I left it off. I didn't want to break the screen trying to force the crimps on.

As far as function goes, it's better than stock. I hardly feel any pressure at all on my arms and chest, zipping along at 70mph feels like nothing. I didn't notice any difference in the wind around my helmet, but I can't say I felt that buffeted with the stock screen anyway. I do hear less wind noise though. To begin with I think I might have been a bit unrealistic in my expectations, I was hoping it might help keep bugs and stuff off my helmet visor. Not so much. Slight let down for me, but shorter folks (<5-11) might get that benefit.

Overall I am pleased with it. Especially how it looks with the rest of the bike.

You're right, it looks great on the bike -- like it belongs there. And as it's function is clearly better than the OEM, you win -- congrats!

How much taller is the MRA screen than the stock screen? (When mounted in the same mounting holes?)
You could probably use a pair of Bruudt screen risers to gain some additional height? (About 2",50mm)
Might want to check them out.

The screen is about 6-7" taller than the stock screen, and there is only one set of mounting holes. If I do anything to change the way it's mounted, it would be to tip the top of the screen a little more forward. But for now I'll just ride the bike.

Back