• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fire Sale - No luck at all

Capt. Bob

Reaction score
Visit site
Posted a while back that I was looking for a "fire Sale" on a NC700. There doesn't seem to be very many in my area for sale. Mainly because it doesn't seem to be a very popular choice in my neck of the woods. There are quite a few V
Sroms around for sale so I am assuming they are more popular. Why do you think that is? Are they cheaper or because they have been around a lot longer and have a better rep? I am still in no hurry and am thinking that as the weather gets cooler some people will want to unload.

The logic seems backwards. If many V-Stroms are for sale, they're not very popular. If no NC700Xs are for sale, the owners are keeping them.

Capt. Bob:

The way you make it sound is you are looking for a cheap handout or for someone to just give you a motorcycle.

You can find some decent deals but they most likely will be states away.

You will have to be willing to travel or pay a shipper to crate it and send it home.

I believe it is possible more Vstroms were produced than NC700X bikes.

Or maybe the Vstroms are not sold world wide making the numbers look bigger in the states.

Also, check various Honda dealers.

One might have a leftover from 2014, or even 2013, that they will sell for a good price to make room for the 2016 models soon to be released.

I bought my 2013 in September of 2013 and one dealer still had two 2012 models left he was asking for $1000 below MSRP.

Besides, why would anyone want to fire sale a bike that is famous for 70 MPG plus, has enough power to sling two-up over 80 MPH, and has a built in trunk?

Do you reside in Florida or Dreamland?

Just some thoughts.

God bless!!

Michael

I know Carolina Honda Powerhouse here in Columbia, SC has some great deals on new NC's. They may even have a used one there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple thoughts....as far as there not being many NC700's for sale, I would guess that is because quite a few folks buy them and are hanging on to them. The NC got a bad rap from many of the moto-journalists which helped to kill sales I would guess but once you actually ride one and see that it is one of the most versatile bikes out there peeps are keeping them. When compared to the Strom thats apples and oranges I think since the Strom has been around much longer so I would assume you will see more of them for sale. Not sure what you mean by "fire sale" but you can buy old stock new for a pretty good price if you shop around. Good luck

I paid $6000 for my brand new 2014 about 3 weeks ago. Bone stock with no accessories and manual transmission. I think I did alright. I think it was a pretty short-lived sale and was attached to some sort of rebate program. I don't care how they want to get there (rebates, rollbacks, dealer incentives, etc.). The only thing I care about is the check I write in the end. The check I wrote was for $6000 plus the mandatory state and county taxes.

Just another data point.

I guess I should clarify what I am saying. I am not wanting someone to "give me a motorcycle" or a "cheap handout" but I have bought a lot of motorcycles in the past few years and I have always found someone who would wholesale the motorcycle to me for cash instead of trading it in to a dealer and get the same thing for it and still paying what the dealer wants for a new bike. In a case or two the seller needed money fast and I was in the right spot at the right time. It has never taken this long to find what I am looking for before. I may have to expand my search but I will find one on my terms or I will move on. It is no big deal.

Just for reference as well I paid $6565 OTD including TTL + fees. Here in Arizona you would be hard pressed for someone to sell you the bike for what trade in value is worth since we get to take the tax off the difference of the new bike.

you only get one shot at this life and you can't take your cash with you when the time is up.
and that could be any time sooner than you think!
so enjoy the moment don't worry about tomorrow ,tomorrow can take care of itself.
if you want something then go for it.

Back