• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Flashing Brake Light

I haven't had a motorcycle with "50 state legal" head or taillights for decades. I have traveled all of the contiguous states, Alaska, the ten Canadian provinces, and two of the three territories. Only Hawaii (and Nunavut) has escaped me. I have never been written a citation for lighting. If you make any officer mad, they can write you for this, that, or the other. If your lighting is high quality, well done, properly aimed, and sufficient and sensible without being blinding or stupid, I don't think you will attract much attention. My brake light flashes quickly four times and stays on. I have a 40 second timeout so that if I activate and release and reactivate the brakes within 40 seconds, it will not flash again. That keeps it from being a "light show" in stop-n-go traffic.

Last edited:
You sure can't beat the price on this one. Do you think you'll be installing it soon so we can see how it works with the NC stock bulb? On the video they were using LEDs.

I'd also like to hear Beemer's take on the effects of splicing into the lines with those suitcase connectors. I've done that on my ATV with no ill effects but I've heard that splicing like that invites corrosion over the long haul.

I don't know when I will install mine. I just actuate the brake switch fast a few times now. I couldn't review it with the OEM lamp because I've been using an LED for a long while.

Dude, you rock :cool:

I just ordered one of these gizmos, and am happy to report that they ship free to Canuckland too!

Many times it's so disappointing to see a cool thing, go to order it, and discover that either they don't ship to dirty foreign countries, or if they do, they treat Canada like it's Antarctica or Liberia or something, and charge obscene shipping costs.

Thanks my friend :D

Thanks bud! Most of the parts on my bike came from Lee's or other forum members recommendations, so all the credit to them.
I'm glad you got a great deal though!!

Last edited:
I don't know when I will install mine. I just actuate the brake switch fast a few times now. I couldn't review it with the OEM lamp because I've been using an LED for a long while.

Thanks bud! Most of the parts on my bike came from Lee's or other forum members recommendations, so all the credit to them.
I'm glad you got a great deal though!!

Giving credit where credit is due; that's the sign of a proper Gentleman.:)

Don't sell yourself short in the info gathering and circulation exchange though, as I had missed seeing or knowing about these handy little beasties in all the posts I've blundered through...:eek:

I have the admore lighting lightbar installed also, I have mine installed right under the rear rack. It flashes two or three times when first applied then goes solid, also has integrated turn signals. I have seen it on a few other bikes also and it really stands out.

I got the BACK-OFF brake light modulator by Signal Dynamics... and the Gmax54 helmet with integrated brake light...

[video=youtube_share;GkOEVyiyeYM]http://youtu.be/GkOEVyiyeYM[/video]

Last edited:
I have been using Kisan's TailBlazer on my last two bikes and got one for my NC700X. It's a matter of removing the stock tail bulb and put in the TailBlazer which is led, direct one for one. Here's the web site ---> https://www.kisantech.com/
It flashes rapidly then slower until finally on solid. My Brother In Law followed me last week and said it worked great, very noticeable. I live in New York and have never been stopped by either local, county or state troopers. Because the lamp becomes solidly on after a few seconds and stays solid their cool with them.

I have been using Kisan's TailBlazer on my last two bikes and got one for my NC700X. It's a matter of removing the stock tail bulb and put in the TailBlazer which is led, direct one for one. Here's the web site ---> https://www.kisantech.com/
It flashes rapidly then slower until finally on solid.

Can you be more specific?

The website shows "tailblazer" as different types of modulators; ie: the T-50, which is an wired inline flashing module, not an actual re/re LED bulb replacement, the 20WD, which is a replacement halogen bulb with the modulator built in to it, and so on.

Where are the actual LED replacement bayonet mount lights called tailblazers?

The Kisan TailBlazer for our NC700X in the model 20W-D. The NC700X has a single dual contact bulb. From the main web site page click on the TailBlazer picture then scroll down and you'll find the 20W-D and can place an order right there. It comes with a replacement led bulb also. The procedure for lamp replacement is in the owners manual, there's no devotions at all to install the TailBlazer. In the "Downloads" tab on the main page you can get and read the manual that explains how it works.
https://www.kisantech.com/

It's a halogen lamp in the 20W-D, my bad, not LED

Last edited:
I stated the TailBlazer was led, my bad, it's halogen.

Drat!

No worries, heehee. I am continuously on the look for even a semi decent LED re/re bulb to ever surface on the market, but have yet to ever find one, so I always perk up at the mention of a possible source. :)

I have tried various halogen types over the years, but was left a little disappointed with them. If you are happy with yours though, I may have to revisit the more modern examples ;)

My brake light flasher came in the mail today.

OK... it all worked.

the brake light flashes 3 times before going solid, and the remote controlled light on the back of the helmet still works.
(the helmet is sitting on top of the seat in the video).

[video=youtube;k7-D3wJV5og]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7-D3wJV5og[/video]

Last edited:
You have to wire the brake light flasher in line before the helmet transmitter... The flasher probably only has two wires on it ( power into the unit & flashng power out to the light )

It's the striped green wire.. I can't remember the colors off the top of my head... Green/yellow I think...

Battery side----> Power into flasher------> Power out of flasher------> helmet transmitter-----> brake light

Which brake light modulator did you buy?

You have to wire the brake light flasher in line before the helmet transmitter... The flasher probably only has two wires on it ( power into the unit & flashng power out to the light )

It's the striped green wire.. I can't remember the colors off the top of my head... Green/yellow I think...

Battery side----> Power into flasher------> Power out of flasher------> helmet transmitter-----> brake light

Which brake light modulator did you buy?

I rewrote the post after it worked. Right now, the helmet transmitter comes after the flash circuit. The snapping connectors I used will let me reverse that sequence, and I'm thinking about it.

I bought the $19 one that didn't even charge me for shipping.

Last edited:
Nice job!!

I get all kinds of questions/compliments on my blinky brake light helmet... I think it really inreases my visibility too..

Question: Is the helmet blinking also, I can't tell.... It seems to stay solid sometimes... Is it just the video?

Back