• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

gemstone

I put in the Rox pro-offset Elite riser (their part number is 3R-B12POE). These can be seen here. The risers can either raise the bars straight up about 2 inches, or they can move the bars up and back a total of about 1.5 inches as I recall. I picked up and back to allow my Barkbusters to clear my CalSci windshield at full lock. It seems to me I also had to tilt the bars themselves back slightly, but I'd have done that anyway, since I found my bars were originally installed too far up and forward for comfort to begin with.

I did have to remove the little bracket at the bottom triple tree clamp that holds the brake line in place and store it in my junk room. This allowed me to pull up the brake line enough (maybe an inch total?) to get the bars up and back. Everything else just needed some gently tugging.

Thanks for the help on the risers. I believe I will go for the rox pro offset elite rise, part no 3R- B12POE, but I am insure of the availability of the the longer brake line. Seems like a bit of a stretch for the rest of the "routing" too. Throttle, etc. So good to have some help on this though! Thanks, Gemstone

... I am insure of the availability of the the longer brake line...

I didn't change out the brake line when I did mine using the Rox offset elites, I just removed the little metal bracket on the bottom front of the triple tree that held the brake line kind of rigidly in place, since there was a lot of play below that clamp that I couldn't use before removing it. This allows me to tug (GENTLY!) the brake hose up a little bit to keep it from being too tight anywhere along it's length.

Hope that helps, some.

Back