• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Givi Monolock E30 Tour Top Case opinion

robnpat

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking at getting a top box for my NCX. I've done some searches on here, but can't find any info on the Givi E30. I don't want to spend a lot of $$. It does say it has a universal mounting kit. Will that work for my bike? Should I look at something else?

Thanks,
Rob

Do you already have the Honda rear rack?
I would say that the Givi E30 will be a fair bit cheaper than the Honda box, especially if you don't have the rear rack already.

I don't have any rear rack. I really don't want to drill holes or modify anything to get the universal mounting kit to work.

The Givi MonoLock cases are nice cases and would look great on the NC ...

They include a universal mounting plate - but that plate needs some type of flat platform or tubular rack to mount up to ...

Looks like I need to get this, GIVI FZ1111, in order to put the box on.

Correct. It does not require any new holes to install either.
I never understood why Honda couldn't engineer a way to install FACTORY accessories without cutting. Had to cut the rear cowl on my Nighthawk to instal the Hondaline backrest/rack:screwy:

Got my E30 case installed today (snow day, I was off...it's good working for a school district). I am wondering if I made a mistake in ordering the E30 and monolock system. I used the universal mount that came with it, along with installing the Givi FZ1111. I've been reading about concerns of 'high-speed' riding (Monokey more suited) but if I average 65mph, should I be worried? Should I look at the monokey system, or get the M5M mounting plate instead of using the universal mount? It does look pretty solid on my bike; I grabbed the box and shook it side-side and up/down and it didn't seem to want to move. Makes me nervous of riding at 60-65mph, and all of a sudden my E30 departs my bike.

Thanks,
Rob

Hey TD, I like the boxes you have. I wish I had the $$ to get the E55. It looks a lot better than my E30. Maybe one day when the boss gives me an allowance increase :p

At least you got an NC and the E30! When my my wife was still here, I didn't have either. I think I got a better deal now. :eek:

My wife is really good at letting me have 'toys' without argument. My wife gets what she wants, and I get what I want although my stuff is 100x's more expensive. I have had 3 Honda ATV's in the garage at one time (I just have one now, my Honda Rubicon), I fly RC Helicopters (have over $4000 in heli's and electronics in my man-cave), and recently started to race shortcourse RC trucks. I need to downsize some of my hobbies....yeah, right ;)

I just had installed a Givi Trekker 52L top case. It looks great and really adds to the functionality of the bike. I really can take it just about everywhere...

Back