• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Givi windscreen

Mandalorian

Reaction score
Visit site
Anybody have a Givi windscreen. I'm considering getting one. The price is not bad $119 and its 19.5" overall length. That length should make it tall enough for me 5'9" 30" inseam. Sat on the bike with a mockup and it came to between my upper lip and nose. Waddya think?

I've got one. It has been collecting dust since I purchased the Madstad windshield. The Givi was fine at 50 MPH and below but I would get a lot of turbulence above 50. My ride to work is 15 miles of over 50 MPH, so I was about to cut it like Beemerphile did when I tried out the Madstad. I live only a few miles from the Madstad plant so the guys installed it and let me test it out before buying it.

Your profile says you live in Peru, MA. I spent 4 weeks near there working as a lineman for the phone company a couple of summers ago. I worked from North Adams to Pittsfield to as far south as Sheffield. You have some beautiful country to ride in.

Thanks for the info Wcmike. As you know most of the riding around here is usually 55 or below. Sounds like the Givi will work for me. Wow that was quite a stretch of Berkshire county you covered. You're right about the beauty especially in the autumn.

I installed that windscreen this weekend. I rode about 50 miles on the highway yesterday, I am about your height, it was a big improvement over the stock screen. But had some buffeting on my helmet unless I hunched down. I like it, I would give it an 8 out of 10. Very easy to install, well worth the 119 dollars

I have a GIVI. I am 6'2" and the wind comes right off the top of that and smacks me in the face. Seriously, if I stand up on the pegs it's less of an air blast. I like to ride with my visor open as much as possible, and it ain't possible with the GIVI.

I am thinking of drilling some holes and bolting on a couple inches of 1/4" Lexan. If that doesn't work I should look into that Madstad thing.

I have a GIVI. I am 6'2" and the wind comes right off the top of that and smacks me in the face. Seriously, if I stand up on the pegs it's less of an air blast. I like to ride with my visor open as much as possible, and it ain't possible with the GIVI.

I am thinking of drilling some holes and bolting on a couple inches of 1/4" Lexan. If that doesn't work I should look into that Madstad thing.

Exactly my situation and why I cut two inches off the screen. It was much quieter and less turbulence. If you go high enough to put it over your head, you will be into the same problems that others suffer with the "barn door" approach. The MRA Vario approach would likely be better than a simple extension. Alternatively, I could send you my shortened Givi to try to see if you like it before you cut yours.

Personally, I'd recommend the Madstad over trying to increase the height of the Givi.

Really? You would send me your Givi for a trial ride? That would be great. I live just north of Chicago.

If you are serious, send me a pm and we can exchange details.

TA

I've got a Givi that is working out OK for me. But I totally agree with everyone else's thoughts on it - 55ish and higher mph gives me an unpleasant vibration because of where it hits my helmet. For me, almost all of my riding is under 55mph, so it should continue to work for me. I'll probably try to purchase or make a spoiler to attach when I go on trips or spend more than a few minutes at a time on the interstate.
I'm about 6 feet tall, with a 33 inseam, so we've probably got about the same size torso. I figure you'd have the same problems as I, so if you have normal driving over 55mph it'll definitely be worth picking up a different screen.

Back