• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Giving us a bad image.

There is a lot of speculation being being put into this story, the Cops have the evidence that you don't have and they have charged the biker, why start making stuff up to fit a scenario that doesn't fit with the facts!!

If the Cops had the evidence to charge the SUV driver with offences then they would have!

It's also quite possible the local DA felt that the charges wouldn't stick against the SUV driver in court or perhaps more importantly (for him/her) the court of public opinion. There could also be a bias against the Hollywood Stuntz gang. Though it appears that the investigation is still on-going. There is a lot of witness testimony to go through and possibly other video that wasn't uploaded to YouTube.

The short of it is that it's not over yet.

NYPD: Biker Arrested, Others Sought In Attack On SUV Driver « CBS New York
Police said the bikers were part of a group called the “Hollywood Stuntz.” This was apparently part of an annual ride designed to draw attention and make it into Times Square.
“This is a major stunt event where motorcyclists from various locations come together,” Kelly said. “Quite frankly it wasn’t on anybody’s radar screen last year. We were aware of it this year.”

It amazes me that the police knew about this before hand, but took no preventive action. (I also understand why they don't give chase for fear of innocent people getting hurt.)Why Car Chases Are Never Worth the Risk | Streetsblog New York City

But why didn't they monitor them and set up roadblocks. Around here, if bikers have some type of rally or poker run, law enforcement would definitely be present. No license plates, ATVs on public roads, Common! The people in NYC should be outraged because the law officials allowed this to happen in the first place!

Thank God I'm not stuck in a big city!

[/B]It amazes me that the police knew about this before hand, but took no preventive action. (I also understand why they don't give chase for fear of innocent people getting hurt.)[url=http://www.streetsblog.org/2010/03/02/why-car-chases-are-never-worth-the-risk/]Why Car Chases Are Never Worth the Risk | Streetsblog New York City

But why didn't they monitor them and set up roadblocks. Around here, if bikers have some type of rally or poker run, law enforcement would definitely be present. No license plates, ATVs on public roads, Common! The people in NYC should be outraged because the law officials allowed this to happen in the first place!

Thank God I'm not stuck in a big city!

One of the published reports from a news agency said the cops did set up roadblocks at bridges and tunnels to keep them out.
This incident happened outside of the times square area where they were trying to get.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

[/B]It amazes me that the police knew about this before hand, but took no preventive action. (I also understand why they don't give chase for fear of innocent people getting hurt.)Why Car Chases Are Never Worth the Risk | Streetsblog New York City

The police had checkpoints set up throughout the city and were pulling licenses, confiscating bikes, etc. They confiscated over 50 motorcycles during the morning/early afternoon. Many of the riders do not have licenses to be revoked since they were revoked years ago. In Mieses' case (the one that was ran over), he never had a license. He had a permit in 1999 and 2000, but refusal to pay 16 traffic citations had the DMV revoke his license in 2000.

It always strikes me when I read a motorcycle reviewer describe the machine they're reviewing as a "hooligan bike". It's normally used as a positive attribute meant to entice potential buyers. Apparently, hooliganism is widely accepted, winked at and smiled upon by a good many judging by these commercial reviews.

It's pathetic and really makes me consider deeply the ways I want to be associated with motorcycle culture. Those guys in NY have nothing to be proud of and a few of them got what they deserved.

Every May day 1000s of motorcyclist meet at the seaside town of Hastings. Originaly this was just an unoffical ride which got bigger every year. Then the British Motorcyclist Federation got involved and it bcame more organised including the big car park on the seafront becoming bikes only for the day. These days bikea are allowed (or at least a blind eye is turned to) park on the pavement wich is very wide so pedestrians have plenty of room to walk and down the middle of the road which again is wide so there is plenty of room for traffic to travel in both directions. A few years ago some local bike shops started beinging their new models to display in small tents but now the council has organised an area in the main shopping are (2 min stroll from the front) to be dedicated as a mini bike show with bike related stalls of many types. The same day the Pagans have their "Jack O Green" parade so the whole place is bursting with activity.A few years ago one councilor stated that he wanted to get the run stopped but all the local traders were up in arms as it was their best day of the season. Many stated that they made proffit that weekend than they did the rest of the season.
The point to this rather long post is to oint out that you can have a large meeting of bikers of many different types without any trouble.Of course you get the odd idiot usually youngsters on small bikes trying to look big but then we were all young at one time.

The point to this rather long post is to oint out that you can have a large meeting of bikers of many different types without any trouble.Of course you get the odd idiot usually youngsters on small bikes trying to look big but then we were all young at one time.

Problem is Hollywood Stuntz isn't an event. We have plenty of events in the US that don't cause trouble and are very well respected. Hollywood Stuntz is a biker gang. The vast majority of the group's riders are 30-50 years old and many of them riding illegally.

UK newspapers are strongly suggesting that up to 5 off duty police officers and more Corrections Officers were part of the gang. Would seem that the city internal affairs department are investigating an undercover cop in the group and a number of others handed themselves in when that became public.

I can't help but wonder how this incident might have played out in my neck of the woods. In Missouri, anyone 21 years of age or older who can legally own a firearm can carry a loaded weapon in their vehicle without a permit, and in their vehicle they have the same right to self protection they have in their home. At the point the driver's door was opened to assault the driver, the attacker can be dispatched like a rabid animal. The same goes for the person smashing the window to gain access to the driver, as well as anyone else involved in the attack.

Note to self: These outlaw groups have ridiculously large numbers. Throw a few more high cap magazines in the console.

Unfortunately we have them right here in Missouri, KC and St. Louis groups. I don't think they've tried the assaultive behavior because of the frequency of armed citizens, but you can see the ineffectiveness of road blocks with multiple agencies here: [video=youtube;2CFHnztdhjY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CFHnztdhjY[/video]

1. That's a great way to save tires. Just pay for a new rear tire?

2. Can the police (excuse me) invoke a new law whereby non-stoppers can be shot with a high-precision sniper who can take out the wheels without killing the rider? (yes I have been playing too much GTA V).

:)

i didn't read the whole thing,but it's actually feels like a positive event for us . why? cause we(the motorcyclists) are now getting more respect from the drivers..i've come up to this conclusion after yesterday's 350 miles ride on highways.

I definitely agree with not allowing the bikers to get away with anymore than they already have. I think that it's quite ridiculous that they run away and do crazy things. I've gone on rides before with other bikers whose skill level im' unsure of. It's not a great thing.

It's making all of us bikers look bad...

Back