• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Going to wait for the 2014 or 15 or......

Drifter

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone else holding off till they offer ABS on the 6 speed? Would be nice to have the gear indicator and the speedo at the top of the gauge... a lower seat.....color options....what is your 14 wish list?

Some color options would definitely be nice. The NCX in white trim is beautiful, and I've always had a soft spot for anything in red. This is only theoretical wishing, though, since I've already bought one. :)

If I were waiting until 2014 or 2015 to buy an NC700X, I'd then be buying a used 2012 model and saving a ton of money vs buying new.

Personally I would have preferred the NC700X in yellow or white. Had the choice been black only, I would not have made the purchase. So silver was a middle ground.

You might or might not see a color change next year. All of the 6 new motorcycles just announced by Honda come in a grand total spread of just three colors: white, red, or black. And some of those specific models come in only one color choice. So I believe we are in or are entering an era of conservative colors and limited color offerings, at least in the USA. I would not hold my breath for anything exotic anytime soon.

Honda rarely modifies models piecemeal year by year. We may go five, six or eight years and then see an updated NC700X with a few of the changes you mentioned made all at once in one sweep.

Honda has not been in the habit of supplying gear indicators on manual bikes for a long time. Even the new CBR500R instrumentation includes average and current fuel consumption, but no gear indicator.

ABS on the 6 speed may come about, but most likely from changes in regulations in the USA.

Greg

Last edited:
The only bikes I know of that get annual updates or changes are sport bikes and the NC is definitely not in that category. I wouldn't be too surprised to see some new or different color. If Honda thinks the New Concept design is a major hit they could possibly decide to import the NC700S into The North American market, but with the introduction of the 500cc bikes I doubt they will even do that. Of course all this is just speculation and unscientific uninformed guessing (at least on my part), so there is no telling what Honda will really do in the future.

Bob

If I waited until 2014 or 2015 before buying an NC I wouldn't have the pleasure of riding for another year or two. What would be the fun in that. I guess it's a good thing I had not been on a motorcycle for nearly 38 years when I bought my NC last August. All the deficiencies that many of the more experienced riders see in the NC are non-issues for me, since I don't have any standard of comparison. ABS would probably be nice from a safety standpoint, but the standard braking system works fine for my more "conservative" style of riding. I'm ambivalent on the need for a gear indicator. And the different color bikes I've seen in different videos from the international scene (either white or red so far) don't really smoke my shorts. So the silver and black is OK. Although I was taken by the yellow and black one someone posted a few days ago when he (she?) was playing with different color schemes. Someone once told me if you ever find the perfect church don't join it, because then it will no longer be perfect. So I guess if you ever find the perfect bike don't buy it, because the minute you ride it home it probably won't be perfect anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
The silver 2012 six speed IS all the bike I wanted. No - not waiting. To late for that anyway. But then I have more than one bike.

Last edited:
If color is your thing......buy a silver one now.........ride it for a year, pull the plastic and paint it or order the colored parts from Europe. Think a few posters are in the process of making a silver one black, as in "blacked out" with plastic coat paint. The beauty is plastic coat can be peeled off with no residue but still durable.

Your going to wait a long time for a gear indicator on a manual trans.

I did not want to wait two weeks for delivery let alone wait a year or two.

Last edited:
I would never wait that long for a new bike because you never know what awaits you. It brings to my mind two saiyngs " So many bikes so little time" and one my father told me many years ago "Its not the things that you do that you live to regret its the things that you didn't do"

If color is your thing......buy a silver one now.........ride it for a year, pull the plastic and paint it or order the colored parts from Europe. Think a few posters are in the process of making a silver one black, as in "blacked out" with plastic coat paint. The beauty is plastic coat can be peeled off with no residue but still durable.

Your going to wait a long time for a gear indicator on a manual trans.

I did not want to wait two weeks for delivery let alone wait a year or two.

While riding, you don't see the color anyway....
Or do you buy it to oogle at it parked?

Colour is important to some On the NC I wasn't too bothered as it is my commuter bike. However if I could have bought a blue Crossrunner that would have been ideal as it is the collour of my football team. I bought the white A because it is fairly neutral & B bevause the teams shirts are predomitadly white.

They were sent to the US in black and silver for the Oakland Raider fans.............I buy bikes to ride, color only comes into play if I had a choice. ABS would be nice, but I have never owned a bike that had it so I guess it I can live without it.

By 2015 I'll have just about worn out my 2012, and will be ready for a replacement. I'll take a 2015 NC750X in arrest-me-red with a 7 speed manual transmission and ABS please.

I bought a brand new Honda CB900C in 1980. Had I waited three years, I would of been out of luck. The only made them for three years. Still have a cb900c though. ;)

They were sent to the US in black and silver for the Oakland Raider fans.............I buy bikes to ride, color only comes into play if I had a choice. ABS would be nice, but I have never owned a bike that had it so I guess it I can live without it.

Be warned ABS is like many other things in that you are fine without it but once you have had it you wouldn't want to be without it.
As to Black/Silver for the Raiders if we are talking NFL then I would want it in Green/White. this wiuld be good for me as an ireland supporter in rugby and soccer. Oh how I hate that last word :)

Used to like the Raiders when Kenny threw the ball, Freddy caught the ball, Blanda kept kicking the ball through the uprights, and Madden stomped around on the sidelines. Alas, those days are long gone and I no longer watch professional sports of any type any more. Haven't even watched any bowl games this year since they are not on the channels I get. Had to trim back my cable bill to pay for my NC!!!!!

The lack of ABS option for the 6 speed is a deal breaker for me, like rocker said once you have experienced it you never want to go back! Color is important also, a bike is an emotional purchase.....if it dont light your fire....maybe next year. If it gone from the market before then....well there are lots of other bikes out there. I have others to ride now so waiting for what i want is no big deal.

I do like sitting around the shop eyeing a machine with a cold one in hand. Kinda strange the older i get the eyeing is takin about half my riding time..........maybe the beer is getting better...?

Sure glad it didn't have ABS, and that it it the perfect displacement. The NC is about as basic as you can get these days, and love the silver.

Art

The lack of ABS option for the 6 speed is a deal breaker for me, like rocker said once you have experienced it you never want to go back! Color is important also, a bike is an emotional purchase.....if it dont light your fire....maybe next year. If it gone from the market before then....well there are lots of other bikes out there. I have others to ride now so waiting for what i want is no big deal.

I do like sitting around the shop eyeing a machine with a cold one in hand. Kinda strange the older i get the eyeing is takin about half my riding time..........maybe the beer is getting better...?

Nice reasonable comment big boys.......??

Hi, how are you ?
I am sure every comment here meant well.

Since you are good at eyeing a bike and not riding it, why not just IMAGINE the 6speed has ABS and then all is good and you are ready to buy it and eye it all you want. You will anyway only ride it half the time, the other half you will spend eyeing it with your cold beer.
Hmm.

Don't be too hard on me (me just kidding around)... my bike is spending 90% of the time in the garage now that it is winter. I will bring a beer case next to it, it will chill under 10 minutes.
:)
PS: My 6speed has ABS on it.

Last edited:
Back