• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Going to wait for the 2014 or 15 or......

I still can't even find rumors of a consumer version of the 750 on any Japanese sites. And all the English language rumors all seem to point at a single source.

Of course, that is no indication of whether there will or will not be a 750 next year.

Novelty plays an incredibly important role in activating our brain’s reward center and creating a need for a product. My brain will not need, nor be stimulated with a 50cc's change!

The 750 is supposed to be released next month at Intermot in France. If so US dealers will not get to order until next spring providing it comes here. This is how the NC700X was released. My dealer couldn't order mine until I think it was May of 2012 after the release the previous November 2011 at the EICMA show in Milan.

Are you sure? The only Intermot I've heard of & could find quickly on Google is held every 2 years in Germany (Cologne). The last was in 2012 and the next is planned for 2014.

My search efforts are pretty pathetic but I can only find references on NC700 forums and an article in visordown as sources for info on the NC750 replacing the 700.

If Honda want to move out of the A2 license class they don't need to change the capacity if I remember right the A2 class is for bikes below 35KW. Honda only moved the bike into the A2 class this year by dropping the power from 38.1 to 35 KW. They could certainly put back the extra 4 hp that represents by re-chipping the bike. They could also probably get another few hp out of the engine without too much hassle, possibly at the expense of flexibility or economy.

honestly I can't see the point. most of the NC700 are sold to older folks.so far I've only seen 3 over here and all ridden by older men.
I think the CB500r will appeal to the younger generations and not only that them CB's have brighter colours to.
Honda seem to think that we older folks like boring or plain colours to.

I've been searching like hell, but can't find any info on the new 750 either, but I have seen the letter from Honda to my dealer stating that no more NC700 models are available to order due to a replacement model. Details to be released soon.
That's all I know, but my local Honda dealer is aware of the imminent release of a replacement model.

Reading all the blurb on the Honda global site about how they settled on the engine dimensions, characteristics and power output, plus the fact it's the star of a whole family of bikes using the same engine makes me a bit dubious about the whole story. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a face lift of the current model.

We'll find out soon enough I suppose. I'm happy enough with the bike I've got and don't plan on changing it for a while.

Greg,

I'm sorry but you are a victim of believing the nonsense that is spread on on internet. The low end power of the NC700 has nothing to do with the long stroke. Bore to stroke ratio has very close to nothing to do with an engine's power curve. This is one of my pet peeves, 30 years ago the late, great Gordon Jennings did a perfect job of explaining why this was wrong and here we are still talking about it.

I'm not as good a writer as Mr. Jennings so I'll just list one example: The Triumph Rocket III has a 101.6 MM bore and a 94.3 MM stroke. Motorcycle Consumer News dyno'ed the more highly tuned Roadster version recently, it made over 130 pound-feet from 2500 RPM and peaked at 135.7 pound-feet of torque at a less than screaming 3200 RPM. By 6400 RPM (redline is 6.5K) it dropped to "only" about 94 pound-feet, the power peak is 119 at just over 6K RPM. In other words, it has a similar power curve to the the 73 MM X 80 MM NC700, the big triple's curve is just much higher up the chart.

If Honda builds an NC750 it will have the power curve Honda designs (port size/ length, valve size and timing, choke size, exhaust diameter and length, etc.) it to have. Unless the bore is so small it restricts valve size or the stroke is so long it limits RPM the bore and stoke will have nothing to do with the power curve.

I don't have an NC yet so I mostly just lurk on this site but, like I said, this is a pet peeve. :mad:

Goose

On the reported NC750 training bike, the bore was increased from 73 to 77 mm. The stroke remains at 80mm. If you do the math, it went from 670cc to 745cc, an increase of 75cc. Interesting though, the low end grunt on the 700 comes in part due to "long stroke". These new dimensions of 77x80 approach a boring squarish bore. I wonder how the power curve will pan out on the 750?

Greg

Last edited:
Personally, I think all this NC750 stuff is overblown. We have some internet post of dubious quality/origin. While it may be true, it also may not be, and people can come up with lost of reasons for and against. In the end it doesn't really matter. What will happen will happen, and life will go on. I have my NC700, I like my NC 700, and even if I wanted to get a 750 for a few more HP I cannot afford it. So that's that.

Back