• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Good Quality "Dash" Cam?

Ruggybuggy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I want to install a good quality dash type camera in the event that something might happen for legal reasons. It has to be something that you install and forget so it would have to record for a certain time length them record over it's self. The camera needs to be small and inconspicuous. Anyone using something they can recommend?

Thanks

There is a good thread here on them,which to get and where.I'm not good with the search on here.

The only install and forget dash cam suitable for motorcycle use is the Innovv C3. It's the same hardware as the Mobius cam, so quality is very good, but the lens are fitted into a metal waterproof housing on the end of a long cable. You can install the lens just about anywhere on the bike and hide the unit it plugs into in the frunk. It will do the usual loop recording, stop and start on ignition and is adjustable via software.

This is the location for the lens on the Integra:

gFzJ.jpg

The control box fitment:

Yb30R.jpg

Man that's a pile of stuff in your frunk!

LOL, yes it is. It's smaller than what you guys get on the X and S so no good for anything but small stuff, like chain oiler reservoir, GPS and camera power adapter off the accessory socket, tyre patch kit, tool kit of course and the two liners from our riding jackets (still pretty warm over here). Under the toolkit there is a "false" floor if you like, the user manual is under that and that's where the bottom of the Integra frunk is. Not very deep.

How does the C3 get power? Cigarette lighter-style plug? Direct wire to battery? Either or I assume? Also, how do you tie it to the ignition?

Fuzzy, can you post up pics of your install?

I installed the c3 camera under the beak (it was behind the tall honda windshield until switched windshields to a madstad).
the control unit is in the frunk. For power, I connected to the frunk power outlet (accessories option).

The innovv c3 camera system has a waterproof snake cam, has wide angle lens in two flavors. Up to you on how much wide angle you want. The control unit is not waterproof, so it needs to be a safe area. The frunk is a good spot. Plus you have the power connectetion there. Use the honda rubber band that is in the frunk to hold down the c3. Use the clip to hold the c3 and clip it on the rubber band.

As far as snaking the camera through the frunk. Open up the frunk battery cover. You can snake it through near the bottom corner to get through to the front of the motorcycle. Then tidy it up with tiewraps.
Put back the battery cover and your done.

Ken

Last edited:
Thank you!

And it works reliably? Automatically turning on and off and looping over old files?

I installed the c3 camera under the beak (it was behind the tall honda windshield until switched windshields to a madstad).
the control unit is in the frunk. For power, I connected to the frunk power outlet (accessories option).

The innovv c3 camera system has a waterproof snake cam, has wide angle lens in two flavors. Up to you on how much wide angle you want. The control unit is not waterproof, so it needs to be a safe area. The frunk is a good spot. Plus you have the power connectetion there. Use the honda rubber band that is in the frunk to hold down the c3. Use the clip to hold the c3 and clip it on the rubber band.

As far as snaking the camera through the frunk. Open up the frunk battery cover. You can snake it through near the bottom corner to get through to the front of the motorcycle. Then tidy it up with tiewraps.
Put back the battery cover and your done.

Ken

Yes, it has worked reliably.

20150309_122541.jpg

20150309_122547.jpg

20150309_122639.jpg

Just wanted to say I ride on city streets and the highway. The camera lens does not bottom out. Can't say what will happen if you go offroad.

Ken

Last edited:
I needed something that was waterproof (lens). I ride in the early morning hours and fog is the issue for me. Just don't want the controller unit to get wet. So the snake camera type works out the best for me on the NCx.

On my wifes car, we have the mini0806 dashcam mounted on the windshield in front of the rear view mirror. You don't notice it at all. It blends right in. Has gps/speed/1080p.

Back