• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hand Guards

CdiGuy

Reaction score
Visit site
Cold weather has arrived. Looking for suggestions for Hand guards for a 2023 NC750X DCT. Don't need fall over protection, just wind protection.

Trackside(?) from Cycle Gear. Cheap and pretty easy. Some grinding or heavy sanding was required for the aluminum mounts on mine, to ensure minimal interference with or displacement of master cylinder and levers. My hands still froze without grip heat when I used to commute year-round on Wiley. However, the chill was clearly reduced behind the handguards.

Cold weather has arrived. Looking for suggestions for Hand guards for a 2023 NC750X DCT. Don't need fall over protection, just wind protection.
I enjoy Barkbusters but that gives fall over protection too. It’s what I use. I can definitely feel a difference

I tried hand guards but too much wind made it over/around them to suit me.

So I use handlebar muffs and Oxford Heated grips for winter riding. Like little heated caves. I can wear thin deerskin gloves year round while using these from Mid October to May in a 4 season state

Tj1Bvaeh.jpg

T6UgCHvh.jpg

mine are Kemimotos

here's some by Oxford

Last edited:
I use the Barkbuster Blizzard handguards myself. I expect them to be going on soon actually. The Hippo Hands seem like another good option. I have not used them myself. I think the Oxfords and Hippo Hands would provide better temperature/element protection. I see you are in the neighborhood so you are welcome to pm me if you want to see the Blizzards in person for informational purposes.

Tusk (Rocky Mountain ATV/MC) has those giant mitts for like $25, they're kinda cheap but they help.

I'll also say that I got rechargeable snowmobile gloves on amazon for $45 and they are awesome. They last about 3 hours.

I mounted the Givi handguards yesterday, had a 200 km test drive in 10 Celsius. Good wind protection in my opinion. They are a bit on the expensive side but there are cheaper options on the likes of Aliexpress from China.
Givi offer only weather protection not fall protection.

In the UK and Ireland if you ride all year round, heated gear is almost a necessity. When I started riding in the early 80s, heated grips (also made by Oxford) were just coming out and they were total rubbish so you just had to suffer. There was one supplier of bespoke heated clothing. That was Captain Maurice Seddon who advertised widely in the bike press. It was pricey stuff and I could never afford it. Not sure if he ever made much money from it.
Obituary here.

I enjoy Barkbusters but that gives fall over protection too. It’s what I use. I can definitely feel a difference
Rabbit, did your barkbusters require any modification to either the bike or the hand guards for installation?
Also, any chance you could post a photo of them installed on your bike? TIA

Rabbit, did your barkbusters require any modification to either the bike or the hand guards for installation?
Also, any chance you could post a photo of them installed on your bike? TIA
I can post them soon. As far as modifications the only thing I needed to do was remove the bar weights. I don’t notice a difference though with the Barkbusters on and no weights.

I tried hand guards but too much wind made it over/around them to suit me.

So I use handlebar muffs and Oxford Heated grips for winter riding. Like little heated caves. I can wear thin deerskin gloves year round while using these from Mid October to May in a 4 season state

Tj1Bvaeh.jpg

T6UgCHvh.jpg

mine are Kemimotos

here's some by Oxford

Cheaper than I thought............

Terrific, thanks!
It’s not necessary to remove the OEM bar weights although the Barkbuster instructions indicate that. I just used the original bar end screws. They won’t thread in as deeply as per BB hardware does but still plenty of thread and I still retain the handlebar grip reduction of OEM weights.

It’s not necessary to remove the OEM bar weights although the Barkbuster instructions indicate that. I just used the original bar end screws. They won’t thread in as deeply as per BB hardware does but still plenty of thread and I still retain the handlebar grip reduction of OEM weights.
True but I prefer to follow manufacturer guidelines since they designed it a way for a reason. If something breaks because I did it my way I would feel pretty crappy.

True but I prefer to follow manufacturer guidelines since they designed it a way for a reason. If something breaks because I did it my way I would feel pretty crappy.
I understand completely but I point out that the strength and integrity of the bar end is as just as designed by Honda. The OEM 65mm long retaining screw is used just inserted about 55 mm after accounting for the Barkbuster frame. It is coincidence the BB screw and Honda screw are the same diameter and use an oval countersunk head. Many bikes wouldn't be able to use the OEM screw and would have to discard the OEM bar end weights and use the supplied BB hardware.

I understand completely but I point out that the strength and integrity of the bar end is as just as designed by Honda. The OEM 65mm long retaining screw is used just inserted about 55 mm after accounting for the Barkbuster frame. It is coincidence the BB screw and Honda screw are the same diameter and use an oval countersunk head. Many bikes wouldn't be able to use the OEM screw and would have to discard the OEM bar end weights and use the supplied BB hardware.
And that is fair and reasonable so I suppose it is preference then.

Back