• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Has anyone upgraded the ECM (PGM-FI unit)?

dlare

Reaction score
Visit site
Specifically, I'd be interested in upgrading my 2015 to the 2016 PGM-FI unit, to get the extra DCT shift modes.

Anyone attempted this upgrade?

Deano

Have you checked on the price of the PGM-Fi unit?

You'd probably be better off selling your 2015 and getting a 2016...but honestly I don't think the change is worth it.

Last edited:
I don't think you can swap/change just the PGM-FI unit, expecting it to work.
RH switch cluster, ECM and instrument panel at least to make it work, for very little gain.
IMO, the additional sport modes on the NCX are useless because they only change the shift points.

OTOH, the AT with TC and G-mode, the additional sport modes actually become useful
because with the right combination, each mode changes the whole dynamics of the power/transmission output.

I don't think you can swap/change just the PGM-FI unit, expecting it to work.
RH switch cluster, ECM and instrument panel at least to make it work, for very little gain.
IMO, the additional sport modes on the NCX are useless because they only change the shift points.

OTOH, the AT with TC and G-mode, the additional sport modes actually become useful
because with the right combination, each mode changes the whole dynamics of the power/transmission output.
Speaking of useless, haha, like a 46 RHP street bike needs TC and G mode. 100 RHP street bikes don't need TC but it's all the rage. OTOH it's not an adventure if you don't have it.

I have the extra sport modes on my X-ADV and tbh, having tried all three S modes I have settled on just S1 with occasional manual shifting for backroads and base D mode for use in urban areas. I found very little difference between the three S modes but preferred S1. I assume the original NC700X had just D & S ?

I have the extra sport modes on my X-ADV and tbh, having tried all three S modes I have settled on just S1 with occasional manual shifting for backroads and base D mode for use in urban areas. I found very little difference between the three S modes but preferred S1. I assume the original NC700X had just D & S ?

+1

Yes D & S (and M) if somehow the extra S modes stopped working on my 2016 I'd never miss them and certainly would not spend any money to get them working again.

+1

Yes D & S (and M) if somehow the extra S modes stopped working on my 2016 I'd never miss them and certainly would not spend any money to get them working again.

What he said ^

S1 is just right. Not worth the effort to fiddle with the rest. YMMV

Last edited:
[...like a 46 RHP street bike needs TC and G mode....it's not an adventure if you don't have it...]

You might come across a spilled load of maple syrup some day and need the TC. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Speaking of useless, haha, like a 46 RHP street bike needs TC and G mode. 100 RHP street bikes don't need TC but it's all the rage. OTOH it's not an adventure if you don't have it.
Honda nailed it, ha!
My point was that without any other "electronic rider assistance" the additional sport modes don't add much at all.
However, with the interaction with traction control and a G-mode,
the combination of rider setup or customization as to how the bike handles has been 16x multipled on the AT
T[FONT=&amp]here are a possible 80 different riding mode combinations on the DCT bike (half on the manual due to the G-mode only on DCT)
As for the NCX the additional sport modes end there, two additional sport modes than the previous version.[/FONT]

Back