• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

hello everyone

ziggie

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello i just got my nc 700 x Tuesday.i only got about 30 miles in because old man winter is here.i have been riding for years.just traded in my vstar.so far the nc is the. Best i have had.will learn as i go with it.glad to be a part of the forum.

Welcome from Texas! Which vstar did you have? Another new member was just asking about acceleration comparisons between the nc and an 1100, I believe. I know you've only got 30 miles on her so far, but maybe you can help.

Hello i just got my nc 700 x Tuesday.i only got about 30 miles in because old man winter is here.i have been riding for years.just traded in my vstar.so far the nc is the. Best i have had.will learn as i go with it.glad to be a part of the forum.

Hi and welcome!
:D

I had the 650 custom.not much for a power bike.nc much faster at the start.and was getting 45 mph.

I had the 650 custom.not much for a power bike.nc much faster at the start.and was getting 45 mph.

Just for a reference, I rode with a Triumph America today. I think that bike has around 850cc. We did a roll on from about 5 mph. He got the jump on me but we were pretty much dead even as far as acceleration. Now keep in mind I have the DCT and it was in the D mode. At 5 mph I was probably already in 3rd gear for this race and that's why he got the jump. I shifted to S mode, downshifted manually to 1st and we did it again...this time I got the jump on him but he stayed with me just like I did him! I wanted to do one more with me in the manual mode, but the opportunity didn't arise. Summing it up...even tho he has about 200 more cc's, his bike is heavier and the two bikes accelerate pretty much identically. I was relieved because I thought I might be going from one of the fastest bikes, in my circle, to one of the slowest...with an automatic!!! It's a male ego thing!!!

Back