• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from Austin, TX!

rickyricky

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello!

I've just picked up my 2015 NC700XD and couldn't be happier! I stopped riding after I totaled my 2001 VFR back in 2004. That was no fun! I recently found out about this bike and figured, why the hell not. Let's try it out again.

I'm all smiles now! The bike doesn't feel too powerful for me at all, but still enough to have fun with when you want. I'll be using it to commute to work mostly, and for road trips.

I'm happy to meet everyone here, and have already ordered a Tutoro Oiler as they seem to come highly recommended from the group.

I look forward to meeting some of you on the roads someday.

Take care,
Ricky

IMG_2396.jpgIMG_2397.jpgIMG_2399.jpgIMG_2402.jpgIMG_2404.jpg

I do! I am making a list, checking it twice... Leaving it around so the GF sees it, etc.. Let's see what shows up for christmas this year. ;-)

Howdy. That's where I bought my NC too! Tutoro is a fantastic first accessory.

trey

They were way nicer to me than woods so it was worth the drive! Do you do your maintenance up there as well? I'm betting the 600 mile 1st maintenance comes up pretty quick!

They were way nicer to me than woods so it was worth the drive! Do you do your maintenance up there as well? I'm betting the 600 mile 1st maintenance comes up pretty quick!

I've never bought a bike from Woods, but I've always heard it isn't the best experience. CTPS was pretty painless, felt like I got a good deal.

Never used them for service, I do all of it myself, so I can't really say. 1st checkup is essentially just an oil and filter (and DCT filter) change, if you've got a space to do it, it's quick and painless.

trey

I've never bought a bike from Woods, but I've always heard it isn't the best experience. CTPS was pretty painless, felt like I got a good deal.

Never used them for service, I do all of it myself, so I can't really say. 1st checkup is essentially just an oil and filter (and DCT filter) change, if you've got a space to do it, it's quick and painless.

trey

Thanks for the advice. I do have space actually and I probably have most of the tools needed. Are you using a mechanics guide for the bike or just winging it?

Welcome from San Antonio. You will not regret it. I wrecked mine coming back from Alaska on HWY 1 and now have a lot of original parts 2013 NC700X available if you need any. Mine I totaled in BC and unlike you I can't ride any more but I need to get the "old" original stuff out of the garage or my wife may trash them. If anyone you know in Austin needs a almost not used muffler and other stuff let me know. There are so many cool ad-ons out there doubt if anyone may need my stuff but price is good. Enjoy the 700, was great for me.

Welcome from San Antonio. You will not regret it. I wrecked mine coming back from Alaska on HWY 1 and now have a lot of original parts 2013 NC700X available if you need any. Mine I totaled in BC and unlike you I can't ride any more but I need to get the "old" original stuff out of the garage or my wife may trash them. If anyone you know in Austin needs a almost not used muffler and other stuff let me know. There are so many cool ad-ons out there doubt if anyone may need my stuff but price is good. Enjoy the 700, was great for me.

Thanks for the offer! If I think I have need for 2013 original parts I'll buzz ya, but for now I'm pretty happy with how things are setup on the bike. =) Good luck, and maybe someday I'll see ya out riding again!

I'm glad you like the bike! Mine is my first new-new motorcycle.

I really like the low-down torque and the biggest learning curve-issue with the DCT is learning to trust it and not grabbing for the clutch when starting from a stop.

Back