• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from Portland, OR

Add me to the list of Portland area riders. Been riding mine since 2012 as I got the first one delivered to Oregon. . . . :) A quartet of NC700 riders would make quite a sight around here. Totally willing to be included should this get planned.

Awesome. Where in the Portland area are you located?

Awesome. Where in the Portland area are you located?

I am in Gresham (East Portland). I have several rides I can suggest around the NW Oregon/SW Washington area. Most are loops of between 60 - 140 miles and can be completed in an afternoon or short day. One loops around Lake Merwin in Wa, another around Mt Hood/Timothy Lake, yet another around the entire Metro area. Would enjoy riding them with my fellow NC'rs on a nice weekend day.

It seems Portland is growing quite a collection of NC's. I'm in NE near the airport, and I'd also enjoy getting together and riding when y'all get something planned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from Grants Pass. Sorry about your bumble out of the dealership, but don't worry, you're not alone. I dropped mine making a right turn from a stop sign and I've been riding for many years. It was my first ride with new Givi cases on it. Turns out those plastic Givis are darned tough! Scarred up one corner of the right case but not noticeable unless looking closely. Broken front brake lever and slight scratch on right bar end, but all was easily and inexpensively repaired. Be careful out there, and practice, practice, practice!

Welcome from Grants Pass. Sorry about your bumble out of the dealership, but don't worry, you're not alone. I dropped mine making a right turn from a stop sign and I've been riding for many years. It was my first ride with new Givi cases on it. Turns out those plastic Givis are darned tough! Scarred up one corner of the right case but not noticeable unless looking closely. Broken front brake lever and slight scratch on right bar end, but all was easily and inexpensively repaired. Be careful out there, and practice, practice, practice!

Got out this evening for some of that practice since the weather was actually nice (*gasp*). Too bad it sounds like the rain'll be back tomorrow, but Sunday looks promising for more riding.

Portland Area NC700 Riders

I am going to put together an informal contact list for Portland area NC riders - If you want to be on this list and hear about local rides we throw together, just PM me your email and cell phone info (note - this will be distributed ONLY to the other NC riders who wanted to be on it).

This is not a "club" - just a fun way to gather once in a while. Nothing formal.

Don

Congrats Kyle,
I just picked a 2012 in Hillsboro yesterday and rode it to my home in Lincoln City. I feel like a first-timer too as I haven't ridden in about 18 years. I'm very happy with mine so far, tho I've only ridden it twice:D . Good luck and I hope to see you out there some day.

Congrats Kyle,
I just picked a 2012 in Hillsboro yesterday and rode it to my home in Lincoln City. I feel like a first-timer too as I haven't ridden in about 18 years. I'm very happy with mine so far, tho I've only ridden it twice:D . Good luck and I hope to see you out there some day.

Congrats from another of the Portland team!

Greetings Don,
I live in Lincoln City and have been riding the central coast since I bought my bike. There are lots of country roads with little traffic in Lincoln and Tillamook counties. I'd be interested to learn of the day trips you guys in the Portland area are riding. As time permits, I'm looking into overnighters in eastern OR, central ID and northern NV. I've lived in Lincoln County for about 15 years and travel as much as I can in the NW, but now the bike makes it all new again! I sure would be interested in getting onto your list. Email is [email protected]. Thanks ....

Greetings Don,
I live in Lincoln City and have been riding the central coast since I bought my bike. There are lots of country roads with little traffic in Lincoln and Tillamook counties. I'd be interested to learn of the day trips you guys in the Portland area are riding. As time permits, I'm looking into overnighters in eastern OR, central ID and northern NV. I've lived in Lincoln County for about 15 years and travel as much as I can in the NW, but now the bike makes it all new again! I sure would be interested in getting onto your list. Email is [email protected]. Thanks ....

We've done a couple of East Portland rides, ranging up to the Sandy area, so far. I'm scouting some rides on the west side (Hillsboro, North Plains, Cornelius, Forrest Grove, etc) but the back roads out that way are still a little iffy with a lot of the gravel still down from the snow/ice storms earlier (which contributed to a little oopsie on my bike a while ago, darn it). Looking forward to a ride out to Camp 18 once the weather gets nicer and a bit warmer, and then onward to the coast after a good meal.

Greetings Don,

Email sent...

Don

Back