• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Help with heated grips troubleshoot

Did you try to connect temporarily directly to battery?
Did you check resistance of heaters and resistance between heaters connectors and the ground? What is it?

Been busy with other things around the house and is quite warm these days in so cal. I'm just plugging it in if I need it and unplugging it when I don't.

No i haven't plugged it straight to the battery, that's my next step in the troubleshooting. What would it mean if it worked going straight to the battery? I'm afraid I'm not that handy with my multimeter checking resistance. I'll YouTube it at work tomorrow and figure it out. Makes me think I should have just went with oxfords.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well before I could even try to connect them straight to the battery, bikemaster insists that they send a whole new unit and they're giving me an upgraded LCD version! They do want the old ones so getting the grips off is going to be a challenge especially the clutch side where I did put some super glue.

[/QUOTE] getting the grips off........I did put some super glue. [/QUOTE]

Ouch!
Putting dish soap on the grip inside aids install and acts as a mild sealant once dry.
Pushing a scribe between the grip and the bar, then working it 360 degrees will break the adhesive loose. Good luck with your project.

Will finish my heated grip issue and upload some pictures later. I removed the clutch side grips pretty easily but the throttle side was impossible. So I had to cut those out. To make sure I don't have anymore issues, i dremeled all the notches on the throttle tube so it was nice and smooth. I removed all the wiring and added the new heated grips. They work beautifully! Love that the heated grip's LED is a battery volt meter as well! Can't wait to try them out. Thinking it could be next year as it is starting to warm up!

I will be installing the LCD version this next week when the subharness and relay kit arrives! They seem good as normal handgrips so far! Hopefully no issues...

I will be installing the LCD version this next week when the subharness and relay kit arrives! They seem good as normal handgrips so far! Hopefully no issues...

Good luck!! Make sure you smooth out the throttle tube with a dremel tool. You'll thank me later.

Good luck!! Make sure you smooth out the throttle tube with a dremel tool. You'll thank me later.

I might have thanked you, but was hardheaded and not only didn't do that, but also used regular old 5-minute epoxy. I'll be thanking my blister for not rupturing instead for the next couple days. :p

Taking it off wasn't so bad though, honestly, just had to twist and rotate a screwdriver around the tube for about 45 minutes. o_o

Well I sanded it down on a belt sander... Not sure if that's what you mean? I have installed them very well already with 5 min epoxy on the throttle. I'll probably regret that later... Lol.

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk

Back