• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Help work on 2013 nc700x

Stonesjoe

Reaction score
Visit site
I just purchased a 2013 nc700x. I live in mesa Arizona and was wondering if anyone wanted to work on the ncx together. I'm also curious to hear how someone else's bike( mine sounds loud but dealer said it's fine) sounds compared to mine.
I'm in the car business and I have access to a lot of tools besides the one's i already have. My bike has around 500 miles on it but it did sit for ahwile and id like to go thru it completely. I've purchased crash bars, a lowering kit , service shop manual ,filters ect.
I read about how the suspension isn't greased very well from the factory( most bikes are like this it's not just a Honda thing) so I'd like to inspect mine.
I don't have any formal training but I buy service manuals for all my vehicals and toys and thanks to websites/ forums like this I'm able to do most basic tasks and even some technical one's. I have a 2000 jeep grand Cherokee, 2005 toyota Corolla, 1984 Honda Magna vf700, and a 2005 Yamaha majesty yp400. I'v worked on all of them myself if you have one of the vehicals mentioned and need help doing something I'd be willing to help.
I should also take the time to thank every single person who's posted to this forum. The feedback given by everyone is very much appreciated. I look forward to the day that I'm able to post something on here that's helpful to others....... Joe

Joe,

I have a 2013 as well. I have a rotator cuff problem so no wrenching for me but I can ride over so you can hear my stock bike if you want. Lemme know what works for you. I'm in San Tan Valley.

Joe

Hey Joe,
It sounds like you are well on your way. With the service manual, you can do pretty much anything with these bikes. Well, that and an assortment of 10mm wrenches, sockets, and the like. My biggest concern is always torque specifications. When it says 7ft/lb, it really means 7. I'm a little too far away to let you hear mine in person, but best of luck to you.
Andy

Back