• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Highway pegs

Honda 700X    #2 021.jpgI looked at doing the muffler clamp deal in the beginning but opted for the more rigid but more expensive Kuryakan clamps. Bike shops when they install like to have the highway peg just under your heel when leg is straight , your knees should be slightly bent when using the pegs. I have tried all positions for highway pegs and for me the mechanics have it right and the adjustable Kuryakan for 1.35" frame tubes worked best. The clamp distributes the pressure evenly when tightened and are very secure, you should be able to stand on them without them moving. Be carefull not overtighting exhaust style clamps as you can point load such a small clamp area and even kink a tube if overtightened or in a fall over.I have upper deflectors and light bar and I found with the muffler clamp pegs my legs where bent inwards and not straight with my full foot on the highway pegs and i got off the bike bow legged. The offset pegs move them out a couple of inches and now my knees do not contact the deflectors or bar anymore. I have done only a couple of short 500-700 mile jaunts with them so far but I feel this is by far the best mod I have done so far along with the cruise control and CalSci tall shield for long trips. Just my opinion. Ride safe.

My thought is to attach Highway pegs to an existing Large H.D bolt like the lower motor mount bolt.

The problem with clamping to the frame is you can very easily damage and crush the frame, Honda did it that way on early Goldwing, every frame was slightly Crushed, the pegs will get loose, and they will need to be re-tightened,

I would stay away from clamping anything to the frame, you would be surprised how thin and soft that tubing is.

A Long threaded Nut and a piece of all thread attached to the lower motor mount bolt

That's what I was talking about! Good job! Can we have some more pics from various angles and maybe not that close (extended as well) please?

700X-pegs2 005.jpg700X-pegs2 004.jpg700X-pegs2 003.jpg700X-pegs2 002.jpgNo problem. With so much adjustability it takes a while to find the sweet spot but when you do its comfort city. Rubber foot rest pieces are attached loose and seem to take any vibe out as well a added bonus. I may plasti-dip them black some day but getting to like the chrome more as time passes.

p.s. you see how Honda uses clamps about the same width as well on the light bar as well as other ass.. Lots of surface contact no crushing unless you tighten like a gorilla!LOL. Very solid mount.

Great, Porko! Thanks for the pictures.

Could you please post the part numbers you have ordered?

That is definitely the way I will go, especially on the DTC, where the right side is thicker (extra clutch).
Not sure though if plasti-dip will take to chrome, unless you really "prep" the chrome :)

Great, Porko! Thanks for the pictures.

Could you please post the part numbers you have ordered?

That is definitely the way I will go, especially on the DTC, where the right side is thicker (extra clutch).
Not sure though if plasti-dip will take to chrome, unless you really "prep" the chrome :)
Yes I would give them a good prep first before spraying if I ever do. Picked my pegs up at a Harley shop where good friend is head mechanic. Kuryakyn offset LG ISO-Peg w 1.350 clamp. Some metric cruisers like KawasakiVulcan have same 1.35 tubes so check around shops you may be able to find a deal on old stock.

View attachment 4583I looked at doing the muffler clamp deal in the beginning but opted for the more rigid but more expensive Kuryakan clamps. Bike shops when they install like to have the highway peg just under your heel when leg is straight , your knees should be slightly bent when using the pegs. I have tried all positions for highway pegs and for me the mechanics have it right and the adjustable Kuryakan for 1.35" frame tubes worked best. The clamp distributes the pressure evenly when tightened and are very secure, you should be able to stand on them without them moving. Be carefull not overtighting exhaust style clamps as you can point load such a small clamp area and even kink a tube if overtightened or in a fall over.I have upper deflectors and light bar and I found with the muffler clamp pegs my legs where bent inwards and not straight with my full foot on the highway pegs and i got off the bike bow legged. The offset pegs move them out a couple of inches and now my knees do not contact the deflectors or bar anymore. I have done only a couple of short 500-700 mile jaunts with them so far but I feel this is by far the best mod I have done so far along with the cruise control and CalSci tall shield for long trips. Just my opinion. Ride safe.

Porko, How tall are you? I have the same pegs and they seemed a bit of a stretch for me mounting them as you did. I put the clamps on facing rearward and that seemed a better fit for me. I am 5'11 with 32 inseam.
I could sit with my feet on the pegs mounted the way you have yours, but it made me want to recline with my back angled towards the back of the bike. Without a backrest that wasn't comfortable for me as I was holding myself up by hanging on the handlebars.

I haven't had a chance to ride any distance on it yet though so I am unsure if I have a good setup yet.

I dont' have engine guards yet.... but if/when I get them I will move my highway pegs onto them as long as they will work there.

I would like to know more about these highway pegs... I like the long arm on them... lets you lower/raise them quite a bit.

These are rivco. Come in bar sizes from 7/8" (Givi NC700 engine guards) to 1 1/4". Can be found on the internet at discounted prices.
Rivco.jpg1.jpg

SmileyButHoney.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I have the clamps, I have the Bikemaster pegs like these:
View attachment 5032
I do not understand how to attach the pegs to the clamps without welding.

You have to weld them.
I tried drilling a hole in the clamps,putting a bolt thru from the inside and bolting on the peg.
It didn't work becuase the bolt was to small and the peg just twisted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back