• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Highway pegs

Hey Nortwestrider,

Blasted the peg assembly with Simple Green, cut an extra-heavy-duty tube up for fill and frame protection, and got them on there without the tube rubber even scrunching up. Probably should tape things up and shoot some epoxy paint on the clamp and peg metal to knock back the fugly factor a bit though ; }

Actually seems like resting the boot counter / back of the heel on them so the foot is held up above them allows me to stretch more than planting the sole of the boot there. We'll see.

THANKS MUCH!

Kuryakan's 1 3/8" off set hwy. pegs work pretty good. If traveling all day or when you get some age on you your knees need to change position every once in a while. When riding the distance to the curvy roads I am intending to ride, it is nice to kick out the highway pegs and stretch the legs. Later you can close them up and use your regular pegs.

I received my Kuryakyn pegs yesterday and installed them this morning. The clamps (1.35") fit tightly. Fitting a 3/4" wrench in behind the horn was a bit tough, but I rooted around and found a fairly thin open-end wrench and that helped. I did not tighten them ultra-tight, just enough (I think) to prevent movement when they are used as intended. [PS. This installation was aided by Porko's post #26 in this thread. Thanks, Porko!]

Here are a couple of shots.

20170309_105819_resized.jpg20170309_105953_resized.jpg

Last edited:
I received my Kuryakyn pegs yesterday and installed them this morning. The clamps (1.35") fit tightly. Fitting a 3/4" wrench in behind the horn was a bit tough, but I rooted around and found a fairly thin open-end wrench and that helped. I did not tighten them ultra-tight, just enough (I think) to prevent movement when they are used as intended. [PS. This installation was aided by Porko's post #26 in this thread. Thanks, Porko!]

I bought the same ones and mounted them in the same spot. They give me the perfect amount of leg room to stretch when I need it. I just wish they were black instead of chrome.

I bought some cheap ones meant for a Harley. I painted them black and installed them on my crash bars.

Back