• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hillbilly Hangout IV, April 13-16, 2017

If my knees heal up as hoped, I will be in Argentina doing the tango. But, if healing is slower than I hope it will be, I will be at the HILLBILLY HANGOUT. Got be able to stand on the pegs for long periods, where my knees are my shocks in Argentina.
Ditto on being there if we aren't heading south! Any date is OK with me.

Ray

Hello, we never met, but would you do the honors and pick a weekend for us
and show us noobs some Ozark twisties to ride?
Once we have dates, the rest will just flow.

I officially gave up hosting this event. I handed it over to Bamamate. Given that Bamamate isn't going to attend due to lingering health concerns, I think that 670cc should edit his first post in this thread to reflect a firm date for this event. It sounds like April 14-16 works for most. I am a firm believer in picking a date that works for ME when hosting events. If a date is chosen far enough out, folks will adjust their schedules if possible to attend. You will never make everyone happy so why try. Just pick a date and go with it.

Look forward to seeing everyone at the Hub.......hopefully in mid April.
The torch has officially been passed.
Mike

The Hub says April 13-16 is open at this time. There are other events planned for the following two weekends. Therefore, by the power bestowed upon me by the Passed Torch, Hillbilly Hangout IV will officially take place April 13-16, 2017.

I am not accountable for the weather that weekend (unless it's good). But then if I could control weather, I would be a very rich man indeed. Also, it should be known that I'm not actually a hillbilly, so we will need the help of the local riders to take us on the better roads.

See ya there!

Last edited:
I hope to be there. Been dealing with aging parents as of late.....
On my calendar if I can get away, I'll see you guys!

Hope you can make it Mike. I know you probably could use a break. Now we need to get Bamamate to drive up and drink a beer with us. Maybe OldJeff can attend too. Hopefully, OCR will be well enough to take the ride south so he gets an excused absence. It's always a good time when the original HH crew is in attendance.
Mike

On my calendar and NebraskaGirl is coming with me.

Guess I'll need to be on my best behavior

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NebraskaGirl is your calendar girl and she is coming.

Did I get that right?:p

Hope you can make it Mike. I know you probably could use a break. Now we need to get Bamamate to drive up and drink a beer with us. Maybe OldJeff can attend too. Hopefully, OCR will be well enough to take the ride south so he gets an excused absence. It's always a good time when the original HH crew is in attendance.
Mike

OCR is most definitely NOT Excused! :) It just wouldn't be the same without him dive bombing me from behind with his camera :D I'm coming for sure, just made a room reservation.

Stars are aligning at work so I might be able to take a few days off. If my boss at home gives me a green light, I might join.

I've never had the honor of attending an event with you folks, so I'm really looking forward to this.

I won't be able to make it out on Thursday, but hopefully I can make it out on Friday.

Just a note on the overnight accommodations. I've been to only one HH, but I recall that the hotel has rooms with outside access, sort of in the style of an old Holiday Inn, and the camping is just pitch it anywhere in the grass on the north and west sides of the lot. The camping, if I remember right, was $10 a night. There is a ground level hotel room or two open for the campers to use the toilet, sink, and shower.

The restaurant on site is actually pretty good. If I remember right you can bring in your own alcohol if desired.

If any of this info is in error, please offer corrections. I'm just going from memory. The Web site link with a phone number is in the first post, so call them if questions.

Just a note on the overnight accommodations. I've been to only one HH, but I recall that the hotel has rooms with outside access, sort of in the style of an old Holiday Inn, and the camping is just pitch it anywhere in the grass on the north and west sides of the lot. The camping, if I remember right, was $10 a night. There is a ground level hotel room or two open for the campers to use the toilet, sink, and shower.

The restaurant on site is actually pretty good. If I remember right you can bring in your own alcohol if desired.

If any of this info is in error, please offer corrections. I'm just going from memory. The Web site link with a phone number is in the first post, so call them if questions.
You got it right. We usually camp on the north side of the motel. There's a filled in swimming pool that we make the fire on. It's right between the campers and the wussies. The food is not good, it's grrrreat!

Just got a kitchen pass, so I'll be there Thu-Sat. If anyone in NWA is riding over on Thu, PM me and let's ride together.

For those on the fence, northern Arkansas has some of the best riding in the U.S. I've ridden the state since the late 80's and have never tired of it. Y'all c'mon!

Debbie just called me to confirm my reservations for the 14th and 15th and she asked me if I wanted the same room as I had last year. Debbie is such a sweetheart! We are really very lucky that they put up with us..... well me anyway :D

I've been away for a while. Mike (itlives) told me this was happening. The one I went to was definitely memorable. I now have it on my calendar. Anybody coming through Texarkana want to ride up together?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back