• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Light Bar install

BrNaCa

Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed the Honda light bar. On my bike the right side bar is much closer to the body work than the left side. Is this normal?

I just installed the Honda light bar. On my bike the right side bar is much closer to the body work than the left side. Is this normal?

Just got home and I checked mine and both sides are the same distance from the sides where it protects (yeah right) the plastic. If you need I'll take pictures. Been so long since I did mine I cannot remember what could cause yours not to be. Mine is just there to mount lights on, I have the Motech Guards to protect.

I think mine is even too. I could only find one photo of how mine looks and it was actually take to show how the gopro was mounted.

20131114_165356.jpg

Hey, Sergeant! How did you manage to stick the base clip for the GoPro onto that plastic piece ????
I cleaned it with alcohol, used the original tape on the mount - fell off fast... tried the high bond tape - fell off anyway... Looks like that surface is porous to grab.

The trick is to install the frame clamps loosely then install the hardware beneath the beak. Adjust the the bars by sliding them on the frame tube to align them correctly. Once the alignment is right, then tighten the front hardware and the frame clamps lastly.

Hey, Sergeant! How did you manage to stick the base clip for the GoPro onto that plastic piece ????
I cleaned it with alcohol, used the original tape on the mount - fell off fast... tried the high bond tape - fell off anyway... Looks like that surface is porous to grab.

That plastic is most like from either polypropylene or polyethylene. Both of these plastics are quite "Oily" and slick to the touch. Most commercially used adhesives do not adhere very will to either of them.

The trick is to install the frame clamps loosely then install the hardware beneath the beak. Adjust the the bars by sliding them on the frame tube to align them correctly. Once the alignment is right, then tighten the front hardware and the frame clamps lastly.

^^^ I agree with this. Get it situated under the beak before you even think about securing the clams on the frame.

I cleaned it with soapy water and let it dry. I had a hard time removing it when I took it off. It was stuck on there good. BTW, I secured it with a lanyard to be safe.

Will the light bar work with he Givi crash bars? If this is a peice of steel pipe attached directly to the frame why won't it help protect the plastic? Is it so weak that you could put it over your knee and bend it? Will it work with the upper air deflectors? It looks really close in that area.

Last edited:
Will the light bar work with he Givi crash bars? If this is a peice of steel pipe attached directly to the frame why won't it help protect the plastic? Is it so weak that you could put it over your knee and bend it? Will it work with the upper air deflectors? It looks really close in that area.

The light bar might prevent some damage to the bodywork in a tip over, but honestly it may very well bend inward and create more damage. I can only speculate on this, but maybe someone with a light bar that has tipped over, will reply and let us know if they believe it helped save any plastic.

The SW Motech protection bars (shown in Sergeant's post) will mount with the light bar, but I don't think the Givi ones will work with the light bar. The Givi design has a welded tube clamp close the same spot as the OEM Honda light bar tube clamp, on that frame section.

Upper wind deflectors and the light bar fitment? Yes they will work together, I believe.*

* don't quote me on that, though:eek:

Last edited:
The light bar might prevent some damage to the bodywork in a tip over, but honestly it may very well bend inward and create more damage. I can only speculate on this, but maybe someone with a light bar that has tipped over, will reply and let us know if they believe it helped save any plastic.

The SW Motech protection bars (shown in Sergeant's post) will mount with the light bar, but I don't think the Givi ones will work with the light bar. The Givi design has a welded tube clamp close the same spot as the OEM Honda light bar tube clamp, on that frame section.

Upper wind deflectors and the light bar fitment? Yes they will work together, I believe.*

* don't quote me on that, though:eek:

I've dropped my bike three times (light trails with wet grass). I don't think the light bar came close to hiting the ground but I have saddle bags on 24/7. Between the saddle bags and the handle bars I bet I still have 4" of clearance prior to the light bar.

I've dropped my bike three times (light trails with wet grass). I don't think the light bar came close to hiting the ground but I have saddle bags on 24/7. Between the saddle bags and the handle bars I bet I still have 4" of clearance prior to the light bar.

I'm a lucky two-fer, lol :D

Same, no body work came anywhere near touching the ground, and although turn signals surely must have come close, front and rear, both left and right sides, but nope. Even they did not get so much as a scuff! :eek:

Kind of ironic that I bought this bike with the intent and firm belief I would gleefully bin it in the dirt and gravel off road, that my only two offs so far have been dead slow pavement flops, lol :eek:

I wonder how the plastics would fair without the saddle bags installed.

I'm pretty sure the saddle bags saved my bike from futher injury. The saddle bag, handle bars, and foot pegs acted like a tripod saving the rest of the bike.

Back