• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Trunk Details

kgantz

Reaction score
Visit site
I would like to buy the Honda Trunk, 08L55-EWL-100E, but the silver and black color scheme is not going to fit very well with my red and black NC700XD. In all the photos, it looks like the silver portion of the trunk may be a wrap-around piece that could possibly be removed. Can anyone with one of these trunks tell me if the silver portion is separate from the black portion? If worse came to worse I could just paint the silver part, but I'm trying to understand all of the possible options before ordering one.

$T2eC16dHJHoE9n3KgJIKBRbYClTIg!~~60_35.JPG

I have the same trunk on my red NC700X and it actually doesn't look too bad because the bike still has silver frame coloring. But to answer your question, I did actually test whether the silver trim is removable because I considered painting it red.

There's 2 screws on the front edges of the trim to remove and then you have to carefully use some thin pry tools to break the double back tape that's extensively applied all around the trim. The trim is very thin plastic, so you need to be real carefull to not deform it. I changed my mind on repainting and just put it back on. If you don't want to go through the trouble of removing the trim, it looks like it would be easy to mask off and paint while installed.

I have the same trunk on my red NC700X and it actually doesn't look too bad because the bike still has silver frame coloring. But to answer your question, I did actually test whether the silver trim is removable because I considered painting it red.

Thanks for the quick answer! I will probably do the same as you but, never having seen one in person, I was curious what the possibilities might be. Maybe even some red pin striping, or something along those lines, to tie it all together. Thanks again!

I would like to buy the Honda Trunk, 08L55-EWL-100E, but the silver and black color scheme is not going to fit very well with my red and black NC700XD. In all the photos, it looks like the silver portion of the trunk may be a wrap-around piece that could possibly be removed. Can anyone with one of these trunks tell me if the silver portion is separate from the black portion? If worse came to worse I could just paint the silver part, but I'm trying to understand all of the possible options before ordering one.

View attachment 18078

I bet red pin stripes would look good!

This is my exact problem as well. I have a "pin-striping buddy" and I think I might add red reflective to my side panniers and topbox. I was picking his brain about maybe a reflective "Honda wing emblem" on the rear of the panniers too ....just for a little more safety at night !! I will post pics when/if I get something done !!

I bought a set of factory Saddle Bags (slightly scuffed up) and had the silver panels painted to match my red NC700X....I thought it turned out well...

IMG_0928.jpg

Thanks for the quick answer! I will probably do the same as you but, never having seen one in person, I was curious what the possibilities might be. Maybe even some red pin striping, or something along those lines, to tie it all together. Thanks again!

Just an idea-

For five or ten dollars you could always get a can of red or black PlastiKote and spray paint the silver part, to get an idea of how it would look.

If you like it, great, if you aren't thrilled, no worries! Simply peel off the coating, and nothing has changed. ;)

Get this one. Sorry but the lock isn't in place, but it is now.

CIMG2593.JPG

CIMG2612.JPG

Just an idea-

For five or ten dollars you could always get a can of red or black PlastiKote and spray paint the silver part, to get an idea of how it would look.

If you like it, great, if you aren't thrilled, no worries! Simply peel off the coating, and nothing has changed. ;)

That is exactly my plan. I have the red PlastiKote and PlastiKote glossifier ready to go once the trunk arrives.

I bought a set of factory Saddle Bags (slightly scuffed up) and had the silver panels painted to match my red NC700X....I thought it turned out well...

View attachment 18126
You don't relly have to wonder what it will look like now. Unless you're trying to go the inexpensive way with the plasticote (matching wise)- and I totally understand that.

BTW- Huck369- I really like your bike! Red would make me get speeding tickets though, so I'll keep mine silver! :)

Just wanted to tag on to this thread my solution. I started with the top box from the OP's original post and I did as was suggested prying off the silver panels since they looked out of place on my red bike. But I never really liked the plain look of the box either. So, I ended up finding a Varadero top box brand new on ebay. (Same box foundation and capacity with a more rounded top that includes a back rest pad!) Generally a lot cheaper than the NC specific box. It does have the big ugly red reflector, that's not really a reflector, to deal with. (Thanks Givi.) But, that's nothing some Plastidip won't take care of as you can see in my pics. The nice thing is if you get the black one it really doesn't need to be repainted unless you're looking to match it to your bike.

Here's the one I found on ebay, same vendor:

Honda Varadero XL1000 VFR800 08L55 EWL 820 Black Topbox 45L Hondaline Trunk Case | eBay

Here's pics of mine installed:

Attachments

• IMG_1457.jpg
    IMG_1457.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 577
  • IMG_1421.jpg
    IMG_1421.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_1411.jpg
    IMG_1411.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 633
Last edited: